“Great location, very clean and friendly staff!”
Review of Maui Coast Hotel

Maui Coast Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Phoenix
“Great location, very clean and friendly staff!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I spent two nights at the Maui Coast hotel this month. It was very convenient to reserve a room and a car all in one booking. Picking up and returning the car at Dollar Rent-A-Car was effortless. The hotel itself is in a very convenient Kihei location, right across from Charlie Young's and Kamaole 1 beaches. Upon check-in at Maui Coast and all throughout my stay, I found the staff to be very friendly. The housekeeping staff greeted me with a smile and a hello everytime I passed them in the halls. I was very impressed and pleased with the size of the room - it was very spacious, modern and clean. The king bed and pillows were very comfortable. The only drawback was the closet and the bathroom vanity. The bath counter top was extremely small. There was hardly any space to set my toiletries and belongings. Also, the bathtub drained very slowly. The closet was so small it barely fit my carry-on bag. In spite of that, I have no complaints about the room and would stay there again for the room itself.

The only real problem I had with this hotel involved the pool area. When I got to the pool, there were no available lounge chairs. We had to wait for someone to vacate the area before we could get comfortable. For a property as large as this, I was surprised by how small the pool and pool area was. You can't assume you can relax by the pool, because there may not be any space for you! But then again, you are right across one of the best beaches on Maui. So, enjoy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank titademaui
Mauicoast, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Aloha and Mahalo for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor! I am am delighted to see that you had a good time and our services and location were beyond your expectations!

On the other hand, I would like to extend my apologies for the challenges that you did encounter. I take it that you were booked in a Deluxe room where the bathrooms are not as spacious as the Junior Suites and One Bedroom Suites. I also regret that we were not given an opportunity to assist you with the slow draining bathtub. Lastly, I am sorry for the wait at the pool area, yet am glad that you were also able to enjoy the beautiful white sand beaches just across the way!

Nonetheles, I am elated to read that the staff contributed to the enjoyment of your stay! It will be a pleasure to welcome you back sometime soon! Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed a week on Oahu and then a week on Maui. We were looking for a hotel and chose this one. We booked two months early and chose the room plus rental car option. I kept an eye on the price as we got closer to the date and twice was able to get them to lower our reservation to a lower price. We saved a few hundred dollars. When we arrived they knew it was our anniversary and upgraded us to a jr suite. I think next time I would want this as the wet bar was a great addition. The room was spacious and the bed comfy. We enjoyed the pool too especially during happy hour. The best part was staying in this part of Maui - Keihi. It was more laid back, less tourists and more independent places to dine. Particularly liked Tiki Lounge, Keihi Cafe and Three. Liked having the beach across the street and very easy to drive everywhere. We would stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jazzhound
Aloha and Thank you for choosing the Maui Coast Hotel to celebrate your anniversary! It is always a pleasure to assist in any way possible to make your special occasion exceptional!

We hope to welcome you back next year!! Mahalo!
Fells Point, Md
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This hotel was in a very convenient location and close to some of Maui's nicest beaches. We stayed here for our 1 year wedding anniversary.

Pros:
*Kamaole I beach is across the street
*Gym was larger and nicer then I expected
*Poolside Bar was reasonably priced, had great drinks and was a nice way to end the day
*We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival
*Suite was very clean and roomy and the bed was very comfortable
*Staff was very friendly and helpful
*Beach chairs and umbrellas can be rented for like $2/day (this was welcomed because we paid a ton in Waikiki for an umbrella)
*Lots of Parking
*Cleaning staff left 2 bottles of water a day

Neutral
*Small Bathroom for suite
*One of our TVs broke; however, they replaced it in like 5 minutes

Cons
*Not a beach front view
*$17/day resort fee (covers parking, gym, etc.)
*Not many "nice" restaurants or bars close by

Room Tip: Try to get a room above floor 3 with a Lanai facing the beach.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patrickbray
Aloha Patrick! Thank you celebrating your Wedding Anniversary with us!! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review on here. We certainly hope to welcome you back soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 25, 2012

my husband and i stayed at maui coast for our honeymoon. we enjoyed our stay. i think people keep coming back to this hotel because of the staff. very friendly and accomodating. on our second day, we decided to rent a car, and we asked one of their staff where we could rent a car. i believe his name's edwin, he called the rental car company for us. he even gave us champagne after he found out we were honeymooners. this location is not too far from the beach. the hotel itself is not out dated, but i think the real gem and assest of this company is the staff. Aloha!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Our staff certainly takes pride in the service that we provide! It is our goal to truly provide you with the ALOHA experience!! Thank you for taking the time to write this generous review!! Edwin along with the entire staff look forward to welcoming you back on your Anniversary!! MAHALO!
Palm Desert, California, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My son and I spent a week here and enjoyed it very much. The hotel is pretty, clean and the staff is very friendly. There isn't much of an ocean view or patio but, we were hardly ever in the room except to crash at night. It was nice to come back to a cool, clean room. The use of the bikes was a nice touch. We spent the day riding around and shopping. The location was perfect and close to everything. We actually walked too far one night and the hotel was more than happy to come get us, for FREE. We usually stay in Kaanapali but decided to try the quiet side of the island. It's about a 20-30 min drive to Lahina. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the upper floors. The views are better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ZigiG
Mauicoast, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Aloha and Thank you for posting your positive feedback following your recent stay at our Hotel.

I was delighted to see that both you and your son enjoyed your time at the Maui Coast Hotel! I am glad to hear that the staff and amenities were to your satisfaction! Thank you for making great use of the Bicycles and Shuttle Services that were included in your Resort Fee.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back sometime soon. Mahalo!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great sized room for our family of 4. Definitely get more room for your money than Waikiki! Relaxed, friendly hotel with everything you need. Resurants are close by and things seem a bit more layed back than other 'resort' areas of the island. Easy parking which is a bonus.

Room Tip: Use their website to look for specials
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jjce
Aloha and Mahalo for your review! I am happy to hear that you and your family found great comfort at the Maui Coast Hotel.. We would be delighted to host you once again on your next visit to Maui!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Maui Coast Hotel for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. We loved the free hire of the bikes and rode around town every day. Its not the best location, but we don't know maui at all so were happy to hang out close to the hotel. The Pool was gorgeous, I think we must have been there out of holiday season as it was so quiet. The Pool Bar was great too with the staff bringing us our drinks. The Staff at the front desk helped us book a Luau and car hire. There was no free breakfast and the wifi was hard to get in our room but apart from that it was such a relaxing stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Westin Maui Resort And Spa

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!