“Nia classes at Maui Yoga Path”
Review of Mana Kai Maui

Mana Kai Maui
Ranked #5 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Nia classes at Maui Yoga Path”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently took the new Nia classes that are offered at Maui Yoga Path studio and loved them! The instructor, Ann Paquin, is amazing and I love Nia! There are three Nia classes offered a week here and the studio is beautiful and the ocean is right outside the door. I would highly recommend taking Ann's Nia class here. I have also taken class with the studio owner Deni and she is wonderful as well!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank JenniferinMaui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2013

There will not be a pool available for the month of May. Although this is a great resort the strata continues to do major repairs in the month of May. If you normally go in May choose another month and make your concerns known to management so they schedule repairs in the less busy months. This is the 3rd year in a row that there have been major property renovations that upset the enjoyment of your holiday. No reductions in price either.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ppptbob
St Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We took a winter trip to Maui to escape the Minnesota cold. We selected the Mana Kai because of its location on the southern half of the island. We had visited the area in the past while staying on the north half of the island. Having read numerous reviews here about the facility, I can say we agree with all of them. I wish to tell of the exceptional services we recieved while there. The hotel is actually an all-condominium facility and all units are privately owned but managed as a hotel. Each unit is actually a combination of a large suite and a smaller room with separate entrance doors. Our room was one of the small units. After our first night we wanted to switch to a large suite which cost 3 times what our small room cost. However, the young desk manager gave us the large suite for only an additional $70 per night for our next 4 nights. That was a very much appreciated gesture. On the day we were to fly home, our checkout time was 11am but our flight was not until 11pm. We spoke to the manager again and he allowed us to move to one of the small rooms for the day for no charge. We were so grateful to be shown this act of hospitality.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank jackpine41
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great location. Great beach. Good snorkeling. Good for swimming.
Close to shopping and dining.
Our room was very clean, not in perfect shape, but passable.
Parking space was adequate. Perfect for compact vehicle, not for a larger SUV.
Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Business46
Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2012

the beach right near it was exceptionally awesome!!! love love love it. we had such a great time just lounging around the beach and mana kai. Spreading the "aloha" to the locals. It was truly a remember

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank ik85travels
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I just returned from a great week in Maui and the Mana Kai Maui hotel.

I really enjoyed this property. You cannot beat the location; right on the beach in Kihei. Most resorts in Kihei are condos and are across the street from the beach. This resort sits just feet from the water. The beach is very nice and quiet and if you're not really a sandy beach person you have the option of using their beautiful golf-course like grass lawn between the beach and the pool.

There seem to be two types of rooms at the resort. Ones overlooking the pool and beach with a balcony and ones that face the other direction. These rooms do not have a balcony and have windows opening onto the open air hallway. However, you can also see the ocean and other side of Maui from these rooms. They seems to be much smaller than the balcony rooms but are not overly small. This second type room was where I stayed.

The bed was comfortable and the hotel was typical for a regular hotel but was perfectly adequate. The t.v. was small but again, not really a problem.

The staff was really friendly and helpful.

The resort has a wonderful restaurant and bar on the property just off the lobby. The bar is very popular throughout the day but especially in the evenings. It also seems to be very popular with locals. However, you'll find that the mood throughout Kihei is very laid back and relaxed. So the bar is never rowdy. Sunsets in Maui are breathtaking and the view of the beach and the setting sun from the restaurant cannot be beat.

There is also a fairly large convenience store located in the hotel. They have everything you need including fresh sandwiches, drinks and wine.

Know that if you arrive late in the evening, as I did, after the front office closes (it is not staffed 24 hours a day) you'll need to phone a number that you'll find at the front desk. The person will give you a code that gets you into a lockbox at your room where you'll find your key. Just know that you'll need a light source to see the code on the lockbox. There wasn't a lot of light when I reached mine and I struggled to get it open. Had to use the light from my cell phone to see the numbers.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay and would definitely consider a return visit to the Mana Kai Maui.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Mike C
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Mana Kai Nov 11-18 2012. Our room (810B) was a hotel room so we didn't get to experience the balcony with the great view. I booked my flight and hotel through expedia and didn't realize at the time of booking I was getting a regular hotel room and not a condo. Our room was on the smaller side, but the bed was comfortable and the AC worked well. The bathroom was nothing special, but served it's purpose. The restaurant 5 Palms was good, our waitress Lisa gave us some great tips on where to go on the island and all her recommendations were awesome. The restaurant was expensive, as most fine dining tends to be on the island, but the pineapple creme brulee was amazing. The bar served happy hour from 3-7 I believe and 9-10. Again, the drinks and food were expensive, but the sushi was really good. If you are going to snorkel in the area I recommend snorkeling in the morning when the water is calm. We went snorkeling in front of the hotel around 2 PM and I got caught in a really strong current. Luckily I'm a really strong swimmer so I was able to get back to shore without too much effort, but the experience reminded me how unpredictable the ocean can be. We did however see three sea turtles so that was awesome. As far as location, it is a good location for the beach, but it is quite far from other tourist attractions such as Lahaina.

Room Tip: B rooms are normal hotel rooms, while A rooms are the condo's with the great view.