“Beachfront paradise”

Ranked #51 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beachfront paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2004

We have stayed at the Kam Nalu multiple times and absolutely love the location. If there is a hotel or condo on Maui that is closer to a nice useable beach than this one, we have not found it. We always have a beachfront unit and do not ever hear any noise from Kihei Rd, just the sound of the surf all day and night. The unit is cute and has everything that you will need. We will stay there again without reservation.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
WVancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2004

I stayed at the Nalu first for my honeymoon 9 years ago and then again this past Nov. Our unit was quite nice, ground floor, right across from the pool. Even an Apple Computer in the room! The only thing that wrecked it was the property manager. Always looking over our shoulders...yelling at our kids in the pool. Taking, what seemed like forever, to mow the lawn. The pool rules are quite "Hitler Like". And watch out if you don't follow them to the T. The Property Manager will hunt you down!

18 Thank WVMom49
, New Rental Manager at Kamaole Nalu Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2004
Dear Tripadvisor User, Vancouver, BC

I am sorry that your stay at the Kamaole Nalu was unpleasant. I wanted to advise you that there was a total change in management effective July 1, 2004. My first day was June 28th as the rental resort manager. I flew in from NY on 6/26. Lee my administrative assistant, had begun training in the month of May. I believe Mike the new Resident Building Manager was working part time along with the previous management for about a month.
But as of 7/1/04 there is a whole new staff at the Kamaole Nalu.
Needless to say I was horrified to read your review and I realized the challenge I have ahead of me will be daunting.
But I want to assure you and all TripAdvisor users that you will find the new Kamaole Nalu Rental Staff to be Courteous, Accomodating and Customer Service friendly!
I realize that our guests are here on vacation and that they spend their hard earned money to come here and enjoy themselves. I am here to make sure that they do! Because without our Guests we will not exist. As long as everyone that visits the Nalu respects the common house rules and uses common sense and courtesy with respect to the other guests, everyone should enjoy their vacation.
I do hope that you will give us another chance to prove ourselves to you in the near future and come spend time with us again.
Sincerely and Mahalo-