“~~~~~ Still Returning After 17 Years ~~~~~”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Island Surf Condominiums
Ranked #19 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband prefer the Island Surf Condos, and in particular unit 609, with unrestricted views of the ocean from inside the condo and on the lanai. Our last stay was for 2 weeks over the Christmas holidays, and again enjoyed the convenience to shopping, walking on the beach, the short drive to Wailea and the ammenities of the Island Surf 609. We could stay anywhere on the island, but choose to return to Kihei and this unit each year.

As in any urban setting near a roadway, there are some traffic sounds, however we've never lost sleep to expected traffic. Other posts about noise being so disruptive as to render a sleepless night are difficult to understand. We have NEVER encountered such noise issues. If we had, we've had stayed the nights we'd booked, but would've chosen another condo for our return visits.

The view is breathtaking from the moment you step into this condo for your Maui vacation.......... Enjoy~~

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ArizonaLaurel

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Over the past 5 years, I've stayed in 2 of Dorli's Island Surf units 3 times. Once I was in Unit 60-1 on the top floor and twice I was in 51-2 (5th floor) with some friends. I've always had a positive experience and I frequently recommend her condos to my friends. When I recently passed along a recommendation to a coworker, she showed me some negative reviews for Island Surf on this site. I think the information is misleading if applied to the entire Island Surf complex, and it's too bad the negative reviews don't specify their unit numbers or who they rented from. Island Surf has 2 buildings that make a right angle. One side faces South Kihei Rd (the noisy side) and those units have balconies right over the busy street. But the other half of Island Surf faces runs perpendicular back from the road, and there's way less street noise.

I keep going back to Dorli's Island Surf units because I love the condos, their location, and the VIEWS are spectacular. Street noise has never kept me from going back. Sure, you'll hear cars and people passing by at certain times, but other times it's perfectly quiet and peaceful. Island Surf is a great complex with very relaxed surroundings and tons of things to do within easy walking distance. It's completely safe and secure and the views are amazing enough that you could just sit on the totally private lanai all day and drink it in. I do this a lot in the afternoons when the winds get too strong at the beach, because the condo lanais are sheltered and I can still work on my tan without blowing away in the trade winds. In my experience, Dorli is honest and her service is amazing, one of the best I've ever come across. I would have no concern renting units from her. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Jenifer D
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Rented this 4th floor unit through Dorli (thank you). It is an excellent unit, well maintained and very conveniently located for the beach, restaurants and shopping with great sunset views.
There is some street noise (with a background of surf sounds) but this did not spoil it in any way for us. We watched the sunset from one of the lanai's for most of the evenings that we were there, ate our breakfast and lunch on the lanai and slept well during our stay. Friends who visited were also impressed with the unit, and the fantastic views.
Photographs, both of the interior of the unit and the views were very accurate.
Dorli was very easy to deal with and provided plenty of information regarding shopping, car hire, beaches etc. This was our fourth visit to Maui and is the best condo we have rented to date. We hope to rent again for the same time next year. We would definitely recommend to anyone interested in this unit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShelaghB
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The property is well-maintained and conveniently located close to many shops, restaurants, and night spots.

The unit we stayed in had recently been remodeled with all of the amenities required and beautiful ocean views.

Unfortunately the unit overlooked South Kihei Road which is very busy and noisy all day and most of the night so could not fully enjoy lanai and had to close windows at night with a/c on.

The pool area also fronts on to South Kihei Road and subject to the street noise.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank DMTL
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in a very stylish 2 bedroom on the 5th floor (found it on vrbo, the photos there show the interior very accurately. We liked that the condo wasn't furnished in the typical slightly dowdy style of so many vacation rentals.)

The view from the 5th floor is stunning - it was so great just to sit in the living room and sip coffee while looking out over the ocean. And the location of the building couldn't be better. You can easily walk to a whole lot of restaurants and bars as well as a grocery store and my boyfriend took a paddle board lesson from the surf school that is right in front of the building. I could watch him from the living room while he was paddling about.

The building has two wings, one parallel to South Kihei Road (the main drag along the ocean) and another along Auhana Road. Our condo overlooked Auhana (but still had the full ocean view). I imagine this cuts down on the noise that another reviewer mentioned, or maybe it's that we were in the 5th floor, high above the road. In any case, the bedrooms faced the other side of the building, over the parking lot, and were completely quiet.

This wasn't our first vacation rental in Maui, but it was the best one to date.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Andrea2018
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Had the unfortunate experience of renting this property. Online it looks nice and for the price they were asking we had high expectations for a wonderful experience. On the plus side the unit has been updated and is nicely decorated and there are lovely views. We had read negative reviews regarding this property and noise however, the owner assured us that it would not be a problem. On the contrary the road noise was unbearable. The lanai and pool were unusable because or the road noise. With the air conditioning on and all the windows closed we could barely converse. With earplugs and sleep medication we were still only able to sleep for a couple of hours per night because of the noise and vibrations from the traffic. In order to salvage our vacation we had to check out four days into our stay and then the owner refused to refund our money. This was our third trip to Maui and we are experienced travelers but we never could have anticipated the level of discomfort we felt in staying at this property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank lightlysalted
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Rented a 1 bedroom for a week through Beverly and on the 4th floor. For my purpose (a solo 20something year old traveler), it was perfect. I had an ocean-view (more than partial not oceanfront but still a great view of sunsets and to watch the sunrise) condo which was very clean and modern inside. The condo came with a washer and dryer, a great shower with one of those shower-heads that is sort of a hose thing, fast WIFI, an included phone, a nice balcony, plenty of towels, everything you would want to take with you to the beach, and everything you need to cook in the kitchen. As a former resident of the Big Island where there were roaches and termites just about everywhere, this place inside was spotless! Only saw a big ant in the kitchen once! Also there is plenty of parking and most of the people in the Island Surf are not sketchy! Lots of times on the Big Island when you rent a place in a condo the neighbors look uh not pleasant? Here most of the people were vacationers or renters who were fine.

Only thing to note is that the place is not a resort whatsoever. The pool is tiny and not worth swimming in due to being in beautiful Maui. Also the beaches within walking distance aren't exactly snorkeling beaches but still beaches to check out to sunbathe in or to just walk along.

Would love to return. The owners were a pleasure to deal with and offered me a great rate.

Before this stay I have stayed in the Surfside slower to Makena which was in a gorgeous building, had a beautiful beach in front, and felt slightly more of a vacation. The owners there wanted almost double of what Beverly and Andy wanted so based on Beverly and Andy's budget friendly offerings, they now have me always wanting to rent through them!

Thanks for giving me such a great vacation!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo