“Very good food for the price”
Review of Cafe O'Lei Kihei

Cafe O'Lei Kihei
Ranked #15 of 186 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We ate here on our last day in Maui and had a very good, inexpensive lunch. I had a macadamia encrusted Mahi-Mahi and my wife has a shrimp salad. The Mahi-Mahi was moist and flakey and tasted very good with the macadamia nut coating. The shrimp was served in a papaya and my wife really enjoyed the combination of flavours. We have been to Maui five times now and have always included a trip to Cafe-O-Lei.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,834)

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We took the family here for a night out and a nice meal. The menu prices were reasonable, so we figured we would give it a try. My wife and mother in law shared the short ribs and were more than full. The portions were massive and the flavours were wonderful. Turned into a really nice night with great service and food. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the second floor restaurant has great views of the beach, and the decor inside is Hawaiian chic.

Enjoy!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I went with my family and we had drinks and food. All of us felt it was tastey and I paid the bill and found price ok. Not high end but still very good. Price was lower then I would guess it would be. We didn't leave overly full for sure but enjoyed the taste of each dish. we had good service.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had been given the impression that this restaurant was bordering on "hi-end". Not at all.

I purposely waited to make a reservation on a night that I knew the sushi chef was in the house.

Not overly impressed. Was expecting much more. Have had better at some happy hours at other establishments.

I had sushi and 3 other friends had the short ribs. Everyone said they were too sweet.

Portions are good but honestly, I wouldn't waste my money.

Pay a few extra bucks and be guaranteed a good meal.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I ordered a sweet and sour chicken or spicy chicken I forgot what that was but it was so expenssive but so easy to make if I knew that's how it looked or how it was prepared I would've just bought a chicken and bread it then fry it and then put the sweet and spicy sauce. But good service tho and other food looks good buy I didn't get to try them