“Very good”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We ate here several times during our stay in Kihei. Excellent service, good, well prepared food at reasonable prices. A jewel amongst the many fast food places in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,774)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband had a steak dinner for less than $8... my daughter and I the fish special ... I can't say enough great things about the fish. Amazingly prepared... EXCELLENT and reasonablly priced. I wasn't sure when we pulled into the strip mall - but seriously it was fantastic after a morning in the water we were famished. Service was excellent and fast.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I recently returned from another trip to Maui and once again made sure we had at least one meal at Cafe Olei. In fact we had 3. I can not say enough about the food and the service at this restaurant. There are 4 of these restaurants on Maui and I am sure they are all the same but the one we go to is upstairs at the Rainbow Mall in Kihei.
Their menu is large and varied with the emphasis being on seafood and steak. Entrees that I can personally comment on are: the Togarashi & Sesame Seared Ahi, Blackened Mahi-mahi and their Roast Prime Rib of Beef. All 3 of these entrees were as good as I have ever eaten and I can not say enough about the service we exxperienced with these meals. The staff are very well trained, extremely polite and very helpful. Although personally I am not a dessert person, a few trips to Cafe Olei can most certainly change that.
I would also recommend having lunch at Cafe Olei. Their menu is smaller with some lunch specials but their food and service remains equally as good. This restaurant also has a full sushi bar and raw bar. They will be for our next trip.
If I could find one thing to find issue with, it would be the size of the restaurant. Not being very large and with the number of tables they have, it is not what could be described as intimate dining. There are tables that can be curtained off and I am sure these could be reserved. All in all, this is a very minor issue and does not take away from this fine restaurant.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Our first visit to Cafe O Lei Kihei was by luck and a lot of looking on the internet. We were arriving in Maui late, and wanted a restaurant for dinner on the way from the airport to our hotel. We arrived at the restaurant about 8:30 and had the best waiter ever!! I believe her name was Ona. She was fantastic!!! All four of our meals were amazing!!! That doesn't happen too often! We loved it so much, we all decided to go back. We were not disappointed! Our second visit in one week was great! Again, wonderful service ( a different waiter, Hayley, who was equally good, and four more delish meals) i would recommend the Cafe O lei Kihei to anyone wanting great food, great service and good value!
Thank you cafe O Lei Kihei!!! Mahalo

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We have visited Cafe Olei many times for lunch. Get there early to be able to enjoy the plate lunch special. I love the mac nut chicken sandwich and the French onion soup! Both fabulous and the prices are really reasonable, too.