“Nice variety”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on our way to the beach. We were with a lady in a wheelchair so we had to take the elevator which comes out at the back of the restaurant. The ceiling fan over us was on high and I actually got cold (possibly the only time while I was in Hawaii). My food was really good, I had a chicken sandwich. Portions were generous so there were leftovers, and the prices were reasonable. We ordered the pineapple upside down cake to share for dessert, but it wasn't as good as we had expected. But it was a nice lunch stop. The waitress was very nice and attentive.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Beyond perfect ambiance and friendly staff. Food was delicious and very fresh tasting. Definitly a must on your list.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

The Cafe O'Lei was recommended to us by friends. We must say it was a wonderful dining experience. Food, service, and atmosphere were perfect. Would highly recommend them.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a great dinner at the bar tonite.Their French Onion soup is awesome!Shannon the bartender was friendly and on it! I heard through several regulars that they have a great lunch menus as well.I have nothing bad to say about this restaurant...I had the special which was a Parmasan encrusted Ono,with lobster and crab stuffed risotto .So good..came with a great salad and fresh bread.The pineapple upside down cake was yummy with vanilla ice cream and a bit of Carmel sauce.I don't quite understand the bad reviews because I only had a good experience here.Ok...a bit pricy but Maui is Pricy .....Enjoy

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We selected this place based on the reader's ratings. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT with capital letters.
The food is tasteless, bathed in mayonnaise in my case and absolutely Blah in my wife's salad. The latter was supposed to be a quinoa salad but the quinoa could only be found with a magnifying glass. Both of us left with a bad taste in the mouth.
On top the service can only be defined as flying, that is, the waitress showed up occasionally for a fraction of a second and run away. It was so bad that my wife ordered a glass of water.........without ice, but the last part was not heard by the waitress who obviously came back with water with ice. She didn't take the time to tell us the specials and seemed to be of the idea that a big smile replaces service,
Go somewhere else to eat.

Been to Cafe O'Lei Kihei? Share your experiences!