“Not what I expected”

South Shore Tiki Lounge
Ranked #52 of 176 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: A bar and restaurant located in Kihei, Maui Hawaii. Casual eats with bar and outdoor lanai seating. Live happy hour music. Late night DJs with dancing with no cover. Free Wi-Fi, kid and dog friendly. Voted Best Bar on Maui 4 years running by Maui Time Weekly readers.
Tucson, AZ
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

This is just a bar with not much to make it unique. The food was good but not unusual or exciting. Service was good, but our server was having some issues with another server that were clear to us. Ok place but not exceptional for a vacation experience.

• Visited February 2011

Moline, Illinois
“Awesome Pizza in Maui? - YES”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

The Tiki Lounge is a great place to eat with the locals and enjoy great Happy Hour music and Great Food. The staff is very friendly and suggested activities on the island which were off the beaten path and wonderful. We had the Chicken Thai Phoon - Pizza on two different evenings and it was Awesome.

• Visited January 2011
Chicago, IL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place! Great food, great vibe!”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

South Shore Tiki Lounge is our favorite go to spot when we are in Maui. It's laid back with a lot of charm. The outdoor lanai seating is awesome. They have live music for happy hour...which is great! I also definitely want to give them props for recognizing the vegetarians/vegans out there! We still like to go to bars, and love it when we can go somewhere where everyone in your group can get what they want, and the veg folk aren't relegated to eating salads and fries! Every time we leave I get sad knowing that I don't have a local bar that will serve me rockin' veggie chili dogs and kickin fries! Oh, and the pizza IS awesome! They are known for their pizza but we had never tried it until this visit. You can make your own and they will make it to your liking (my husband doesn't do cheese, and it was STILL awesome!). And here's another nice touch...With all the new faces they get in here (ie. tourists), they are quick to remember you if you are a repeat customer...and they greet you like they are happy to see you again. What more could you want? If I lived there I could easily become the "Norm" of the place:)....Keep up the good work guys...and hopefully see you again soon!

Visited January 2011
San Ramon, California
“unbelievable pizza”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

great food, people and service - we were here for a month (Feb to March) and went there almost evry day, we just got back in town December and it was as great as ever- definately a night spot for younger generation - but during the day it was awesome and we are in our fifties, thanks Bart, Sarah, Jake etc...Mahalo

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Atmosphere and Food”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My husband and I went here on our honeymoon - they have the BEST nachos!!! It's a fun setting too. I heard their pizza is really good too, but we just had beer and nachos. The whole Kihei Mall is a fun place to eat/drink/shop - check it out if you're in the Kihei/Wailea area.