“Excellent dives!”
Review of The Scuba Shack

The Scuba Shack
Reviewed July 28, 2011

2 amazing days diving with Captain Charlie & DM Toby.

-Great boat, clean, organized & fast
-Professional, sets up gear, informative & safe
-Went to Molokini, Back Wall, Turtle Town & 1 other (can't remember.) **best dive of 8 in Maui/Lanai for me was the Back Wall of Molokini.
-Refreshing warm fresh water to rinse off after dives

I had 2 wonderful days.

Thanks Toby!

1  Thank JenJSF

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Great dive with Scuba Shack today. Captain Charley got us to Molokini in about 10 minutes and Toby took us on two great dives. Toby found 3 hugh lobsters, a couple of white tip sharks, several different types of eels, leaf scopions and a frog fish. In between dives, we were served some muffins, bagels, cinnamon buns and juciy pineapples. after the last dive, there was a hot shower and shampoo. Captain Charley also called the local radio station and the DJ gave us all a shout out by name. Scuba Shack sure knows how to spoil you.

2  Thank mtallyca
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We only have 50 logged dives, but we have gone diving all over the US and Caribbean. Hands down, Scuba Shack is the most professional dive shop we have ever gone diving with. New equipment, fast and fun dive boat (seriously, the other dive boat captains have to be completely embarrassed!) amazing crew and very professional in every way! They have coffee and breakfast pastries before boarding the boat, and fresh fruit and pastries between dives. Captain Charley even washed and conditioned my long tangled hair in the warm shower after the 2nd dive! Thanks Captain Charley, Michelle, Jim and Toby! You guys are awesome!

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I just returned from Maui and rented scuba tanks from Scuba Shack. The owner Charlie quoted me $6 per day per tank even though on my previous trip to Maui I rented them for $5 per day somewhere else. When I finalized my bill Charlie was not there and the lady rung it up at $5 per day. No consistency in their pricing.

I was going to book a few dives with Scuba Shack but after talking with Charlie the owner - he was more interested in telling me how big the engine in his dive boat was than how good the actual diving was. Visibility was terrible because of a large south swell yet he kept telling me how great it was. Yes, it's usually always good at the Molokini crater but the second dive is turtle town which I did - vis was 20-30 feet and he was proclaiming it was 100+.

Look elsewhere.

3  Thank frogfires
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I'm not sure why there are negative reviews on this company. My only guess is that some people are just really hard to please and/or take things way too personally. Diving is a dangerous sport and when on a boat, you need to listen to those in charge - mainly so you don't DIE or get injured. Just because you receive a direction from a crew member that is in the best interest of your SAFETY, doesn't mean you have to get all butt hurt if it doesn't have pretty flowers and bubbles attached to it. I have been diving with Scuba Shack since I was pretty young and I can't say enough awesome things about Charley, Michelle, Toby, and Jim. The gear is fantastic, the new boat is crazy fast, there is plenty of humor aboard, and the dive sites are always 100% awesome. I've gone on a multitude of dives with Scuba Shack and I've never seen them be abusive or rude to any guests. In fact, I've seen them go out of their way several times, to make snorkel and dive experiences as pleasant and memorable as possible. I always recommend friends to do their business with Scuba Shack - rentals, snorkel and dive trips, etc. As far as the rental spiel at the end of the trip goes: GET OVER IT! It's like 20 seconds long and I think the owner of the charter has a right to make a small announcement about HIS properties on HIS boat.

2  Thank Caidyn82