Review Highlights
Kitesurfing maui

Awesome place and amazing wind. Stay in nearby Paia book a van to cart kite gear around and make... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
1uptraveller
Kuta, Indonesia
via mobile
Lesson two

I wanted to learn to kite surf so I decided to sign up for lessons. The first three hours was... read more

Reviewed June 21, 2019
paulcR180AH
Hilo, Hawaii
via mobile

All reviews techniques surf lesson skills safety
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

"The best kiteboarding school in Maui"

If you really want to learn to kite or make a progress... this school is the best choice!
Initially, I signed up with another school on the beach but it was such a big disappointment... I was very lucky when I got recommendation and couple of spots for a lesson with Jon :-) Jon's combination of experience, knowledge and personalities makes him fabulous instructor. He knows how to share the passion and get the most from his student, build their confidence and deliver this incredible experience. He is a Legend ;-) watch his amazing videos!
My experience with Jon and Kite HI was spectacular. I had an awesome time and made significant progress :-) I would recommend anyone visiting Maui to book a course/ lesson with Jon and Hi Kite! You can always learn something new - I'm coming back next year to learn some "sick tricks" ;-) Jon and Kite HI Rock!!!!

Reviewed October 25, 2016

Had been kiting for a couple years but never in waves. Went to Maui for a vacation and felt like I should get a lesson before venturing out on my own. Jon was great. Exceeded my expectations beyond belief. Gave me a full overview of the area and wave riding technique. Then went out and kited for a few hours before getting a full debrief on the lesson.

Took a few lessons when I was getting into kiting and Jon was by far the most experienced and knowledgeable instructor I have had. Would recommend Jon to anyone from beginner to advanced.

Reviewed October 3, 2016

Super grateful to have Kite HI here in Maui to buy my Ozone Kites from.. I can say there is no better deal out there! These kites have the best performance - literally It feels like the Ferrari of kites and I've tried many brands- but they are durable, the quality is incredible and have helped me enormously to become a more proficient kiteboarder. Customer service- excellent, product- the best. Ill be shopping here for life! Thanks Jon!

Reviewed September 29, 2016

Wanted to share my experience concerning Kite HI.
I've been in the kiting scene since 2001 & have had many experiences with various companies all over the USA from purchasing kite gear, instruction & repairs.
I've finally found what I've been searching for in Kite HI! I've purchased 5 Ozone Kites from Kite HI and absolutely love them. If it's instruction you need.....look no further!
The instructors are seasoned Pros ready to instruct beginner's to anyone wanting to learn new tricks to Hydrofoiling. Kite HI is a One Stop shop for ALL your kiteboarding needs.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

I've purchased many kites over the past 15 years and have discovered the best kites for all disciplines are Ozone Kites sold by Kite HI.
Jon has stood behind his products like no other company I've ever dealt with.... Yes. . Cabrinha & Naish included
Any issue I have with Ozone kites, Jon has been there to make sure the issue was resolved quickly.
Customer service, Price & performance cannot be matched to Kite HI's dedication to excellence.
If your in search of instruction look no further.....
Beginners to learning new tricks, Kite HI has the instructors to accomplish your Kiteboarding needs.

Date of experience: September 2016