“Turned us away on our wedding night!”
Review of Maui Beach Hotel

Maui Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We booked ahead and gave them our card info etc. We show up at like 11pm on OUR WEDDING NIGHT, I'm still in my wedding dress and they won't let us check in because we didn't have the card the room was booked on with us... I said, "but don't you have the number etc there in your computer?" and she said yes, but I can't check you in without seeing the actual card... I say can we just check in and get you the card tomorrow since it's so late? No! I could not believe it. Sometimes rules can be bent when it's 11pm and someone's standing there in a wedding dress! Not a great way to treat kama'aina! We just went home and went to sleep! We had already paid for a night so we stayed the following night, but I'm still bummed, you can't get your wedding night back...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheryl D, Front Office Manager at Maui Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Aloha,

Please accept my sincere apology for the experience you encountered. I also want to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We highly value and appreciate your comments as we discuss options to eliminate such occurrences and to better our customer service, as comments are very important to us. It is our hope you will once again choose the Maui Beach Hotel as your lodging host.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The hotel was clean, but needs work. However, the pool is UNSAFE. There is no ladder in shallow portion of the pool. The only ladder is in the deep end. Not safe if you can't swim.

Room did not have enough lights.

Restaurant not open during the week.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Cheryl D, Front Office Manager at Maui Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to write abour your stay at the Maui Beach Hotel. We want to also thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Please know that your feedback is very important to us, and it will be a valuable tool as we make changes to enhance the guest experience.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife and I had a problem with our room. Greg, the manager on duty, and Tessie, at the front desk, were very helpful in resolving the matter.

The meals were very good, and the staff is very well trained.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Cheryl D, Front Office Manager at Maui Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their commnets are very important for us to continue improving our accommodations.

Customer satisfaction is our number one and we hope to service you once again.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was our first stop from a long trip from Australia.
The good - location. Right on the beach with a nice view of the mountain. The lobby is airy and spacious. They provide a shuttle from the airport, which is not far away. The shuttle driver was very helpful and gave us great tips on where to eat.
The rooms were clean and the beds VERY comfortable.
There is a shopping centre across the road where we found a good variety of shops and a great Mexican restaurant to eat at.

The bad - the breakfast was average, especially for the price. It would have been nice to have some cereal and a greater variety of fruits. The restaurant is open only once a week.
The A/C in our room did not work, so we had to be moved. The next room was much better, so it turned out OK.
The carpets and walls in the corridors are dirty and could do with a revamp.

Overall, it was a good place to get over jetlag but I wouldn't stay long term.

Room Tip: We ended up in a downstairs room on the corner near the road, which turned out to be a bigger room a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank seasonedcampaigner1
Cheryl D, Front Office Manager at Maui Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Aloha,

It has been an honor and a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to write about us. Please know that your feedback is very important to us, and it will be a valuable tool as we make changes to enhance the guest experience.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is perfect for those who want to discover the island . Check inn in 5 minutes , clean rooms and very friendly en helpful staf . Ask for Earleen and Lei . Location is near the airport and shuttle is ready to pick you up . Breakfast is ok and there is a pool and beach .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank kohracha
Cheryl D, Front Office Manager at Maui Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Aloha,

Thank you for your very pleasant comment. We always strive to make our guest stay at our establishment the best possible. We also appreciate you taking the time to write to us, and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for those who know they are not going to be there much. My husband & I are divers, back road jeep drivers.. We want to be anywhere but where the tourists are ... We wanted a Maui adventure on a low budget .. The rooms where very clean, basic, no thrills..staff was very friendly & helpful.. No sign of any bugs or crazy things I read in other reviews.. There is a beach front and a nice plush lawn to walk out to it... I would have let my children swim there had they come but there are certainly better beaches a short drive away. Kahului is a nice area with a mall, nice shops & a Starbucks just two minutes up the road...centrally located which is perfect for those who want to explore the whole island. I was actually very happy we stayed centrally.. Lahaina is the touristy area about an hour drive, maleaka summit 1-1/2 hr... cool hippy town of Paia 15 min ... Hana 2hrs... every drive around the island is beautiful;
Our room was second floor 234.. We did not have an ocean view we backed up to a highway & some beautiful mountains ... I hope this helps those of you on the fence.. I would definitely stay there again...~ Be Aloha! :)

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank faithhopeandlove

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Maui Beach Hotel. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodations. Customer satisfaction is our number one and we hope to service you once again.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I only stayed in this room for 2 nights. When I was washing my hands I noticed ants crawling all over the counter. I brought it to the maid's attention and she said it must've been from the stuff that my boyfriend brought over from his house. The water pressure in the shower was so low that it didn't even rinse the shampoo out of my hair, i had to put my head under the faucet and run the water as if i were going to take a bath (which by the way was very uncomfortable, i'm not 5 anymore and it's not that easy to put my head that low, the faucet was really low)...also, the hotel advertises a "free shuttle service from 6am to 9pm that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel". When i arrived at kahului airport, a very helpful woman at the alamo rentacar counter explained that i would have to call the hotel to get them to come and pick me up, which i did and the lady on the phone said "i'll send my shuttle driver right away" and it took almost 45 minutes for him to get there...then i found out that the airport is only 2 miles away from the hotel and should've only taken 10-15 minutes at the most...the next day i wanted to go to a natural food store that was too far for walking distance so i asked if the shuttle driver would take me and he gave me attitude, wound up taking me and then when i was done eating (about an hour or so later) i called to get picked back up and the lady on the phone was extremely rude to me and said i was going to have to wait because he was on a different run and it would be about 30 minutes and it took him almost an hour and 30 minutes to get there...then today when i wanted to leave the hotel to go to the airport the lady at the front desk said "do you have a reservation with the shuttle?" i said "excuse me? i wasn't aware i had to make a reservation"...and she said oh well it's gonna be about a 30 minute wait because he's on a long run right now...so i said ok and he was actually there within 30 minutes that time, but the people were just not very customer friendly and were not very helpful...if it weren't for my boyfriend who has lived there his whole life showing me around i wouldn't have seen half the stuff because anytime i would ask them where something was they would look at me like i was totally stupid...so next time i am definitely not staying at that hotel, not to mention it was $150 a night for the bare minimum...and breakfast is $13 per person...you would think for that much money a night the least they can do is include free breakfast...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank accoleman2008

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. We hope that you will accept our sincere aplogy for failing to meet your expectations and for the inconveniences that you endured. We truly value your patronage and appreciate your honest feedback.

Please know that the entire team at the Maui Beach Hotel is committed to taking the necessary steps to ensure that this experience is not repeated.

Shoul future travel bring back to Hawaii, we hope that you will give us another chance.

Kind Regards,

Front Office Manger

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Seaside Hotel
#14 of 32 in Lahaina
Lahaina Inn
Lahaina Inn
#31 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!