“If you are in Maui, you should stop by....”

Tasaka Guri Guri Shop
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in Kahului
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco, California
“If you are in Maui, you should stop by....”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Tasaka Guri Guri's shop is located in a rather quiet mall, Maui Mall which is very close by to the Kahului Airport. The primary reason people come here is to try the famous Guri Guri dessert-- which only one flavor-- a mixture of guava, pineapple sherbet type of dessert served in a paper cup. It is sold by the scoop-- a definite local favorite. Very good taste to it and one needs to try it for themselves. There is usually a line forming outside the shop but the line moves very quickly. Well worth the stop over for a few minutes before heading back /from the airport.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank karenpammy2016

missouri
“Guri was OK”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

One of the locals on Oahu to told to go to GuriGuri when we were on Maui. First of all, he told us there were free samples and there were NOT! Second, I didn't think it was all that great. Kinda tasted like sherbet. Only 2 flavors to choose from. There was a long line and they were very busy. Next time, I'll stick with Hawaiian shaved ice - I liked it better!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank BigBroChuck
Hendersonville, NC
“New taste”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The tour guide feature on my GPS kept talking about the Tasaka Guri Guri every time our car passed near the area it was in, so I was determined to try some before we left Maui. It was described as a cross between ice cream, sherbet and yogurt. I guess that is what it tasted like - it has a strange consistency. Guri Guri only comes in two flavors- pineapple and strawberry. The pineapple was far better than the strawberry. I don't think it is something I would want again, but glad I had the experience.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank MamaFrank
Santa Cruz, California
“Cooling Off”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is family owned.The sherbert is so refreshing on a hot day.And very affordable for large families.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SusheOne1
Huntington Beach, California
“All the memories of childhood!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After all these years it is soooo great to see some things haven't changed on Maui. The first time I ate Guri Guri was when I was 11 years old and I remember it like it was yesterday. On my last trip there, I tried to find the store, but couldn't remember where it was. My aunt and cousins surprised me and took me there and it was exactly the same. Guri Guri is so special and so unique from anything else around Everyone must try it once and become hooked on it like me (even after 30 years)

• Visited April 2013