“still amazing after all this time”

Tasaka Guri Guri Shop
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in Kahului
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Simply the BEST sherbert on the island. The price just cant be beat! 2 scoops for $1.30! They also have chips, icee, soda, & hot dogs..so perfect place to grab some snacks.

They even offer a "one scoop" option (perfect for when my kids were 2-3yrs old) if you ask.

There are newer reviews for Tasaka Guri Guri Shop

Reviewed July 5, 2012

It has been a pleasure to have enjoyed their yummy treats for about 20 years and despite others' opinions they do have the best sherbert on the island. I unfortunately have some negative things to point out...too cramped. I feel claustrophobic in here, the soda tastes too sweet, the merchandise seems to block the door so you have to wait for someone to come ou before you can go in! It an island tradition so let us wish this family all the best!

1  Thank intheraw
Reviewed June 3, 2012

1.20 for 2 small scoops of ice cream that's very tasty. It tastes like samural Ice cream or should I say Samurai tastes like Guri Guri since it's the original. Downside we once experienced that the place was closed before it's advertised time.

1  Thank HIJetsFan
Reviewed April 21, 2012

A small store located on the fringe of the Maui Mall, difficult to find.... a local treat.
Most noted for their Guri Guri (a kind of sherbet) charged by the scoop, served in a cup and in two flavors, strawberry and pineapple.
Over the last several years, we have made it one of our "must stop" places when we are on Maui.
The Strawberry does not have the strong taste of strawberries, but the pineapple is very good and is more of a favorite for us.... the perfect refreshment on those hot and humid Maui days.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I didn't think so, but it was still very good. Considering there is no dairy in it; it was very creamy. I think I am partial to Shave Ice or Ono Gelatto