“Priced right, hits the spot.”

Tasaka Guri Guri Shop
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in Kahului
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed June 3, 2012

1.20 for 2 small scoops of ice cream that's very tasty. It tastes like samural Ice cream or should I say Samurai tastes like Guri Guri since it's the original. Downside we once experienced that the place was closed before it's advertised time.

1  Thank HIJetsFan

Reviewed April 21, 2012

A small store located on the fringe of the Maui Mall, difficult to find.... a local treat.
Most noted for their Guri Guri (a kind of sherbet) charged by the scoop, served in a cup and in two flavors, strawberry and pineapple.
Over the last several years, we have made it one of our "must stop" places when we are on Maui.
The Strawberry does not have the strong taste of strawberries, but the pineapple is very good and is more of a favorite for us.... the perfect refreshment on those hot and humid Maui days.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I didn't think so, but it was still very good. Considering there is no dairy in it; it was very creamy. I think I am partial to Shave Ice or Ono Gelatto

Reviewed December 24, 2011

One of our local friends told us trying their sherbert was a must, so we swung by here right before we dropped off our rental car at the Kahului Airport. It's a small little shop in a strip mall, so it was a little hard to find in the dark, but we're glad we were persistent in finding it. They have pineapple and strawberry flavors, and I got a scoop of each. I preferred the pineapple more though. It was nice way to cap off our trip to Maui!

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Specifically went and had their strawberry and pineapple ice cream. Not impressed at all. Strawberry flavor tasted artificial. It's worse than the ice cream I purchase from the supermarket in California. Fellow Travellers, save yourselves
trip.