“Great Little Food Place”

Ba-Le Vietnamese Food
Ranked #47 of 150 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We went to Ba-Le for lunch, and really enjoyed the fish sandwiches. Good bread, good price.

There are newer reviews for Ba-Le Vietnamese Food

Reviewed October 16, 2011

After watching an Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations where he dinned on head cheese and pate sandwich in Vietnam, I hightailed it to Ba-le Sandwiches to try my own. Acquired taste? Yes, and not my personal cup of flavor.
However, I have since eliminated the head cheese and pate, and gone for straight avocado and veggie sandwich or pork sandwich and for 5$.... hooey lord, yum yum! Great pho and saimen as well.
Casual, fresh and local. Street-food style and no reservations!

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Ba-Le is located in a food court at a strip mall but the food is anything but ordinary. I had the mixed plate with chopped steak and mushrooms with rice and of course potato salad! I selected several of their hot sauces and spiced my meal up to taste. Delicious! They have an extensive menu so if you need help in choosing something--ask the person at the counter for a reommendation. You won't go wrong. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 23, 2011

It lies in a shopping center. They have free parking and clean restrooms. The wraps were the right size for a picnic on the beach or a drive to Hana. Try lemon chicken and sweet potato tapioca. Great!

Reviewed November 19, 2009

I have been to the other Ba-Le restaurants in Lahaina and Kihei with no trouble, but this one has employees that could use some customer service training. Thats why I am giving it a poor rating, not because of the food. It was not too busy and I was paying with a credit card. The employee who was helping me handed my card to the employee next to her, who was also helping someone, and then started helping the lady behind me essentially pushing me out of the way. I don't know why this employee felt the need to rush since there was really no line other then myself the other customer being helped and the lady behind me. Other then the poor customer service, the food is always good. The bubble teas are fantastic.