“Sunrise Volcano Bike Ride”

Cruiser Phil's Volcano Riders
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Incredible experience and best memory maker for our trip to Maui. Matt and Everett were great leaders- Matt was our driver this time and Everett was our bike leader. They made getting up at 2:00 a.m. for the drive up the volcano actually fun. A 22 mile bike ride down the volcano--through stunning scenery--eucalyptus forest, a lavendar farm, winery, rainforest, quaint houses in adorable little towns--it was the BEST thing we did on our 12 day trip to Maui. Awesome

There are newer reviews for Cruiser Phil's Volcano Riders

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was afraid my 56-year-old body could not do this ride and I almost chickened out. Glad I didn't!! Jay and Dean gave us excellent instructions and we felt very safe for the 20+ - mile ride down the mountain -- very exhilarating! Then we enjoyed delicious burgers at the Moana Cafe in Paia - great ending to a "shaka" day!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Yes it's early, and its cold at the top, there's a crowd, there's a waiver and instructions, you're in and out of a van along the way, the continental breakfast is weak coffee and granola bars, the jokes are corny, and you can't go as fast as you want. All things considered we had a blast. We met new friends, laughed in the van, commiserated about the early morning, lack of sleep and the cold. But once again, we had a blast, the sunrise is beautiful, the ride is fun, a bit hokey, but fun. Everett and Drew were corny, funny, informative and interesting. Out trip was safe and fun and worked for a group of riders with varied skill levels. After the ride we stopped a Moana Bakery and Cafe for an awesome breakfast. Drew then returned us to our respective hotels, all the while providing helpful insight for our Maui vacation.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Cruiser Phil's is the way to go if you are interested in a fun way to visit Haleakala for a sunrise and bike ride. My niece and I were visiting Maui for Spring Break. We booked this particular adventure online prior to arriving in Maui. The website is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

The morning began at 2 am with pickup at our hotel in Lahaina. There was a quick stop at Phil's site to fill out paperwork and pick up bikes and gear. We were provided with winter jackets, gloves and windbreakers. The trip to the volcano was another hour or so. When we reached the summit of the volcano (about 10,000 ft. above sea level) at pre-dawn it was in the low 40s and the wind was whipping. The winter duds came in very handy!

The sunrise from this vantage point was breathtaking. The guides in the national park provided a lot of info regarding the crater, as well as past and present weather conditions.

Shortly after the sunrise we departed the park and proceeded to about 6000 ft to begin our ride. I will admit at this point that my niece and I were going to pass on the bike ride. The road has a lot of hairpins and switchbacks that looked quite challenging. Our outstanding and very funny guide Matt convinced us to give it a try and said we could stop at any time. We finished the entire ride and were extremely happy we did!! Thanks Matt! Our driver Jay followed the biking crew in the van, protecting us from other vehicles descending the mountain. It was an awesome adventure and I would highly recommend Cruiser Phil's.

Thanks again Matt and Jay!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had done the bike riding before but with a different company. We loved this company because you actually rode from the top clear down to sea level. So fun- great guides!