“Caesar dressing I could drink!”

Cafe O'Lei at The Dunes
Ranked #8 of 173 Restaurants in Kahului
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: fresh - local - family owned Cafe O'Lei at the Dunes is Maui local's go-to restaurant for fresh seafood, steaks, and dynamic Hawaiian-inspired cuisine in a beautiful setting overlooking the West Maui Mountains. Simply wonderful food served in a casual but elegant setting.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

not only a beautiful view of the mountains, great service but the food was maybe one of the best, most affordable meals we had on Maui.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (373)

Reviewed September 2, 2019

Worse service ever. Food quality has gone down the last couple of years since new management took over. Very uncomfortable sitting because they refuse to turn the a/c on. Waitresses give horrible service.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019

My husband and I stopped for lunch at 12:30 pm on Thursday August 22. Hostess did not ask if we wanted outside or inside seating like they always did in recent visits. She never smiled or made conversation other than asking for a name and number of guests. The server placed two glasses of water on the table, never looked at either of us and never said a word before walking away as we viewed the menu. We got the impression they were annoyed that we were there instead of trying to be pleasant and welcoming us to Cafe O'Lei. As we left I stopped to ask the hostess if they no longer asked quests where they would prefer to be seated, inside or outside. She said "some do (ask) and some don't". They did not seam to be busy and lots of tables were empty. It was a hot day so inside was more appealing to an older couple. We are local and eat here often but I can find better attitude and service elsewhere. We left and went to another restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank Honeymoon0429
Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

The food is consistently good here, but what made breakfast most enjoyable was the great service we got from Adriana. She was attentive and genuinely friendly and accommodating.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

It was 4pm on a quiet Saturday afternoon. We were seated promptly by a nice hostess then...nothing. Other than my boyfriend and I, there were two singles and another two-top in the entire restaurant! I, unfortunately, am not able to rate anything other than the complete lack of service. Needless to say, we left at 4:15pm in search of an establishment that would, at the very least, take our order.

Date of visit: July 2019