Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $349.00
from $349.00
from $399.00
More Info
All reviews pearl harbor great instructor the big island four seasons private pilot cirrus sr flying experience general aviation chocolate factory flying lessons take offs high performance active volcano amazing experience left seat airline pilot hawaiian islands
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2019

I've been to Maui many times and have done all of the tourist stuff. Flying with Laurence at Maui Flight Academy was hands down the best thing I've ever done on the island. Laurence is a real pro and did a great job of showing us around the islands. He also really knows the Cirrus and gave some great tips. If you are a pilot or just interested in flying, I can't recommend this adventure highly enough!

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank Fletch721
Reviewed July 4, 2019

Maui Flight Academy is the top flight school and best island air tour operator. Larry is a talented CFII w/ well maintained Cirrus aircraft. These aircraft are the safest thanks to the Cirrus parachute aircraft parachute system. I had a great day hand flying the SR22, including 4 landings and takeoffs. If you're not a pilot, you will.have a great instructor and an incredible tour. If you are an experienced pilot, be sure and ask for the AOPA discount. I am all ready looking forward to coming back next year. Thanks Larry and Regina!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Seth R
Reviewed June 16, 2019

I'm a recreational Private Pilot working on my Instrument so flying a Cirrus was a great experience. We flew out to Hilo between Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa and the plan was to do a fly by the vent but we had weather roll in as we got close. Decided to wait it out in Hilo but didn't get a break. Regardless, we flew back along the Kohala coastline of the Big Island with a couple of touch-and-go's (on in Hana) which made for a great day overall.

Date of experience: May 2019
2  Thank adhand17
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

I really enjoyed flying and sightseeing with Laurence who is very professional, knowledgeable, and likes to share about Cirrus SR22 flying, general aviation and about sightseeing in Maui, Molokai, Lanai and Big Island. Great island, cliffs, jungle, cascades and country side discoveries... I highly recommend the tour !

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Parchambault
Reviewed June 2, 2019

Now that I reflect back on today’s flights, I wanted to thank you again for such a full and wonderful day. We did X-wind landings, advanced flight procedures, advanced avionics, and more in an awesome Cirrus 22, all while enjoying the beautiful views of Maui, Lanai, and Molokai.
Know that I am truly grateful for the details, the training, science behind the procedures and just the plain trill of flying again. You are truly a master teacher with a great Venue.

Date of experience: June 2019