“Nice hostesses!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nice hostesses!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is another great local restaurant with accolades to back it up! True, the restaurant needs a major reno but, the food and service is what matters the most, right? I love their sauteed mushrooms, teriyaki chicken plate and Kula greens and vinagrette dressing! Loaded potato skins and dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets are good, too. Good place to have lunch and is good for the whole family! their saimin is a great portion and the stir-fry is good, too. Waitstaff is hard-working and nice! Big, comfy booths but, the wooden chairs seemed to be hard on the back! The Kilauea Snowball is a great treat, too!

• Visited October 2012

Vancouver Island
“Dirty”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for lunch due to the convenient location at the mall. Should have left when we were seated at a dirty table. The washroom was also filthy. The restaurant was busy tho so we gave them a chance. BIG MISTAKE. I ordered a fish salad and the fish was tough and tasted strong. I ate less than half. That evening I had the classic symptoms of food poisoning. No further details required. I would never eat there again.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I received my koho plate in a prompt manner. As soon after taking a few bites I cut down the center of my chicken to find it bloody red and cold. I brought it up to the waiter and he never got back to me about until I asked again about the issue. Upon receiving my bill they charged regular price for the uncook chicken plate. I then brought it up to their manager and he gave me the run around that there is no evidence stating the chicken was not cooked, I then told em I have a picture of it that I can show you. The manager compensated the koho plate but I felt he and his employees were being unprofessional upon finding a solution to theissue. Customers beware!!

1 Thank ugivebadservice
Eugene, Oregon
“Poor Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant implies that it is a fish place "Koho" but it is not. I ordered the chicken stir fry on rice and that is what I got. A bit of chicken, a bit of finely cut veggies all slathered in a pervasive sauce spread atop my rice. Thus the rice was totally infused with sauce, no break from the taste... ugh. slow, not great. Not sure why the locals are there?

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ring ring”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I called to order a take out last night and the lady was so rude. When she ask for my order she keep saying anything else. Please let me finish instead of saying "anything else three times".