“One of the best Mexican food places in Maui.”

Las Pinatas of Maui
Ranked #14 of 149 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
“One of the best Mexican food places in Maui.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was good. Diner style decor and it is clean. A little trouble when I requested the food to be gluten free (I have Celiac condition). After a little fix the server took care of the plate I ordered. Overall very good.

• Visited July 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Cinco De Mayo experience”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were dropping our daughters off to fly home and had some time to kill and since it was Cinco De Mayo we decided to eat Mexican. I have to admit I was a little surprised there were only10 or 12 patrons when we walked in and maybe this should have been a sign to keep searching for dinner. We waited in line to order and after placing our order found a dirty table to eat at and waited for our food to be completed. While waiting we cleaned our table and realized the dining room was very dirty. I attempted to focus on other things and have conversations with my family, but even my children were commenting on how dirty it was. When food was called 12 minutes later we picked it up, returned to our table, and then consumed it. It was average on quality and below average from a value standpoint. I would never return and would not even mention it as an option to anyone who asked.

• Visited May 2013
Okanagan Valley
“Really good Mexican food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

A local put us on to this restaurant and we ended up going several times. It is casual, you order at the counter, eat off paper plates with plastic cutlery, but the food is very good quality, good size portions, very tasty and reasonably priced. As long as you are not looking for ambiance you can do very well here. The fish tacos were particularly good; also the fajitas. Everything others ordered looked and smelled very good. It is in "downtown" Kahalui, close to the airport. We went there before boarding our flight home since our airline does not do meals.

• Visited April 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
“Best Mexican Food on Maui”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Coming from Southern California, I know good Mexican food and Las Pinatas is the real thing. The food is excellent and reasonably priced.

Visited May 2013
Wailuku, Hawaii
“One of the best mexican food places on the island”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I come from California, where Mexican food is plentiful and really good. This is one of the best I have come across in my 10 years on Maui. I really enjoy their Loco Loco Moco - it's their take on a local favorite. They put a chorizo patty on top of a bed of spanish rice and then top it with a fried egg and some red enchilada sauce - very amazing. But, be prepared to be in a major food coma after that. The rest of the menu is just as good. Their burritos are a great value.

Visited March 2013