“Good local dive with very friendly staff and owners”
Review of Hideaway Cary & Eddie's - CLOSED

Hideaway Cary & Eddie's
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sacramento, California
“Good local dive with very friendly staff and owners”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

You get what you expect at Cary & Eddie's. Good food and good value... nothing spectacular but you leave happy. Order the combos (surf & turf). They give you "half portions" but their half portions are HUGE! I had the Rib Eye and Catch of the Day and I was one happy and satisfied customers. They have a decent dinner buffet and salad bar too. Oh, and don't forget to order a Mai Tai. Easily one of the best on the island. I didn't expect to find a great MaiTai here so that was a nice bonus. The restaurant itself and the decor are a little dated but It's nice little local dive with very friendly owners. Go check them out.

• Visited November 2013

Ocean Shores, Washington
“Prime rib yummy”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Ate an early dinner here. Service was right on. Drank mai tai that was excellent. Fresh and well made. Dinner was so very good melt on your mouth prime rib. Place is hard to find, but worth the search.

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to end a day!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After a tiring kiteboarding lesson at the nearby Kanaha Beach (great blue water beach, great for kiting and BBQ), I was ready to sit down and have a great meal and I'm was not disappointed.

As we walked into the restaurant, we were greeted by the friendly hostess who let us know they have a menu items and an all-you-can-eat options. It's a treat if you can get a window seat, especially during the sunset because you can see the pier and beach + sun etc. The environment is relax and very friendly, from locals having family party to just two dudes coming for a drink and enjoying the view.

There's an awesome piano man playing a variety of songs from "Somewhere In Time" to today's songs. I thought they started playing a CD at one point but NOPE, I turned around and he has been playing music this while time.

My mom ordered the Catch of the Day and she enjoyed every bit of it. I had the Petite New York Steak and it was medium rare to perfection. There was minimal seasoning on the steak since the meat was fresh and full of flavor by itself. I was smiling like an idiot when I ate it because I was in heaven, other steak house might have even charge double for this.

The vibe of the restaurant is mello and the staff were all very kind. No expensive "island fusion production" meal, just good food. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Misellu
Wailuku, Hawaii
“Maui Treat”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Last night I felt like a good meal and wanted a nice atmosphere as well. I decided on The Hideaway and your buffet.

So many choices and all great. I had doubles of your BBQ Ribs and your special recipe fried chicken. These were superb.

From now on when I think about a great sit down meal, steak, chicken, ribs, I am going to be thinking about you.

The salad bar was excellent as well. Again, so many choices. Your potato salad is the best. Cole slaw-great.

It was perfection. Too many people do not know this. I am telling my friends.

The food could not have been better. The flan was a nice final touch along with three fruit choices.

$20.00 total price. Mahalo

Bon appetit everyone. Hideaway is on North Puunene ave. on the beach in Kahului.

Stan Dokmanus
Substance Abuse counselor and group trainer

P.S.
With your excellent food, service, facility and setting I plan on doing my workshops there.

• Visited July 2013
Kahului, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great MaiTai's made from scratch!! Great food with a view!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Enjoyed everything about the "Hideaway" the buffett had a nice selection of proteins, local dishes, salad bar is one of the best deals around with its variety. Ambient music was very nice, The view? Outstanding from wherever you sit. The condition of the place could use a little sprucing up however everything else outshines this. Prices are very reasonable. Cary, who greeted us and sat us at our table conveyed a sense of Aloha and a strong dedication to her business. For a restaurant located in Hawaii and on the island of Maui, this is one of the best values you can find anywhere. The staff was very attentive and hospitable. Everyone working had that sense of urgency in serving their guests and making certain everyone had an enjoyable experience. Nowadays, it is rare to have the owner and his wife working to further the success of this place, checking on guests, explaining the dishes, providing directions to visitors, and seeing the guests to the door on their departure and welcoming them back. I will definitely return many times as this first impression for me and my partner has made this one of our favorites by "One" visit. Warm and friendly.

• Visited July 2013