Review of Da Kitchen

Ranked #4 of 154 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Asian, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: What do you get when you combine raw creativity with authentic Hawaiian cuisine? The answer to this question will become clear as soon as you order a meal at Da Kitchen. From the Chicken Katsu Plate to the Hawaiian Plate, our local ethnic cuisine is truly a mix of many cultures. When you’re here, you’ll be able to try innovative dishes containing all the classic Maui flavors. We even incorporate local fresh fish and veggies. You’ll also be treated to fast service and huge portions, two things we take a lot of pride in. Our restaurant is its own ohana, and we welcome foodies and families into our modern, warm atmosphere. So, the next time you’re craving a mouth-watering plate lunch in Kahului, Da Kitchen is ready to serve you something you won’t forget.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Lunch both times. Liked it better the second time. Large portions. lots of locals and tourists. helpful service. Would go back to try other dishes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were guided to here by a Kmart employee. It was 5:30 on a Friday night and they were slammed. We were lucky to get a table immediately, the service was excellent. My husband ordered the Mahi and I had the auhi tuna sandwich. Both were served with potato/macaroni salad which was very good. The portions were generous and both had different sauces which were light and very tasty, we were very pleased with our meals. I had their iced tea which was so good I could have had a whole pitcher! This is obviously a locals place with true Hawaiian dishes that looked incredible. My husband was so impressed that he asked to speak to the manager to complement the food and service. She was very happy to hear that since they were short handed and training new people, neither of which you could tell by the service. We can't wait to go back and try some of those dishes and enjoy the real feel of Maui. By the time we left there were lines to get in, the place is small and casual.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Had lunch with my wife after seeing Trip Advisor reviews. In a strip mall and from outside it looks busy, many of those people are waiting for to go orders so go in and get a table. Service is different style, team served, it was efficient but not great. Servers ignoring clean up on tables next to us and large spill across floor.
But the food is DELICIOUS! Large portions are something you rarely see in Hawaii but they served more than we could eat. Chicken Katsu was among the best I've had and the Fried Spam Musubi pictured on this site did not disappoint. I would eat here again and recommend it to everyone in the Kahului area.

1  Thank Henry C
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is always the first and the last place that we go when getting/leaving Maui. Sadly there are not many good Hawaiian food restaurants on Maui, but this is the only one you need anyways. We always try to hit the place at odd times so that we don't have to wait long for a table, like 230pm for lunch, or 830 for dinner, always sets us up great for the plane ride anyways. Its almost always locals eating with a few tourists, but you get the same treatment from the great and attentive staff of young ladies, bravo! If you're not sure what to order just do a little "shopping" like I did the last time in .... saw a plate of Kalbi ribs go by as we were getting seated, and wow was that the right choice. Fantastic! Also, as other mentioned, you will be stuffed when leaving, huge portions. Start by sharing if in doubt I'd suggest, then add a dessert from the sweet list they have. Been here several times and never disappointed in what I order, keep it simple, fish, pork, ribs, dessert. Thanks so much for stuffing me over the years Da Kitchen!!

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We found this place after getting off a Carnival cruise ship and hiring a car. We looked on trip advisor for authentic food and this was at number 2 and close by

It was awesome! There was a small
Wait as it was so popular!

Good food and good prices!

Been to Da Kitchen? Share your experiences!