“Best meal we had on the island!”

Marco's Grill & Deli
Ranked #13 of 151 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

On an early morning return from viewing the sunrise at the top of Mt Halekala, we happened to drive by Marcos. It looked nice and clean so we stopped without reading any reviews on TA, which is VERY unlike us, but hey, it was early! Anyway, glad we didn't read the review as we likely wouldn't have stopped. Glad we did! This was by far the best meal and service we had on the island, including very expensive, highly rated restaurants on this site. Each of us had a breakfast meal, so cannot speak to the dinners, but each of our breakfasts were incredible and well presented. The service was also top notch. Tip: try the cinnamon, chocolate French toast. Highly recommended overall!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I didn't think it would be. It's very poor food. Our waitress was nice, and the bread was good, and the restaurant was clean, but hey Marco's people, if you're reading this, you need to fire your cook.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Terrible food and overpriced for what it is. But they serve it to you quickly!

Turkey burger was a hockey puck of a meat-like substance, probably delivered from the Sysco truck (Suisan in Hawaii I guess). Not worth any more effort of a review than this. Stay away.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

You know a restaurant is bad when a customer goes online and finds a review page to complain on. Well, let me tell you.
The food was horrid, A disgrace to Italian food. I'm Italian myself, and this was, to me, offensive. That's how bad the food was. My family and I had a pepperoni pizza and fettuchini Alfredo with chicken, I had a soda. The soda tasted old, the pizza was soggy and tasteless, and the sauce that was in the noodles made it taste just really bad. Even the chicken was dry and hard to chew. The setting of the restaurant was nice, and the waitress did her job, but really, were here for the food; and they managed to screw that up.
Save your tastebuds and Never go to this restaurant.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This place was a bad experience. From the indifferent waitress to the average food, there was absolutely no reason to ever come back here. The entrees don't include salad or bread and you don't even get refills on soda. Do yourself a favor. Go somewhere else.