“Great tour for father and son”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopter Tours - Maui
Book In Advance
More Info
$319.00*
and up
45-Minute Scenic Maui Helicopter Tour of Hana and Haleakala
Ranked #4 of 35 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Hawaiian Helicopters is the premier helicopter company in Hawaii utilizing the latest technology helicopters and safety systems.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had a fantastic time on the 65 minute Echo-Star Complete tour of Maui. Our pilot Justin was friendly and was a great tour guide. This was a amazing time for my 5 year old son and I. No worries about getting motion sick because the pilot and helo were very smooth. Breath-taking views, well worth the cost. Didn't want the tour to end. Only hiccup was introducing the existence of a microphone to a 5 year old! (Which I had to fight him for.) :) Can't wait to do it again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)
All reviews
in 29 reviews
"well worth the money"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our ride up and down the coast and to the volcano. The pilot was very informative and entertaining. We went through the history, some locations where the lava gobbled up neighborhoods, the flumes, and finally to some waterfalls. Get the HOLO discount card!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I have been on many helicopter tours, and I most post that this one on Blue Hawaiin was the most expensive and totally disappointing. First off let me say that they are by far one of the safest and have friendly and very well trained pilots. That being said, we upgraded to the newest Eureostar copter with 3 passenger seats in front with the pilot and 4 large seats in back. It is air conditioned inside so it is very comforable. We booked the Whole island tour which was suppose to land at the crater. We nit only didn't land we were so far away from it I couldnt even see it. The only thing I seen on this tour was the ocean which I could see from our condo. We were suppose to see the waterfalls up close. Our pilot never got anywhere near them. We flew over the ocean looking at them from a distance. I was expecting him to fly inland and up close to the waterfalls so we could see and take photos. There were caves long the shores but we got no where near them. Again every helicopter tour I've taken has taken us into area's that were not excessable any other way. If you are lucky enough to get a front seat then you can see above and below you through the glass but if you sit in the back you're screwed. The pilot kept the copter at one level and seemed to be avoiding any in/out or up down maneuvers, and just circled around the island at the coast, pretty much what you can see from a plane ride upon landing. This tour needs to give the people ALOT more information and it's way overpriced It should cost about $200 per person for the smooth coastal ride and they should offer a more adventurous ride for people that really want to get closer and don't mind the up & down motion of a helicopter. We have other islands to see this trip with more helicopter tours but we are going to cancel this company as they are more suitable for seniors, kids and first time flyers. We bought the video but if our voices weren't on it from questions you can't tell we are even in the copter as we were in the back.If you have never been in a helicopter before this is the best technology for comfort and safety and that's why they charge so much. Personally the best helicopter tour I would recommend is in Sedona, Az were they take you right up to the cliffs and over as well as getting you right along side the Indian caves. Ask more questions before you book.

3  Thank Karen W
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We did the Maui Spectacular tour in the Eco-Star and what a trip it was! This was my first time in a helicopter so I was nervous and excited at the same time but within minutes after takeoff I knew it was going to be awesome! Chris K. is a fantastic pilot and tour guide!!!! Throughout the flight he was always making sure we were doing ok with the turns and elevation changes. The views from the air are absolutely breathtaking and a tour with Blue Hawaiian is a highly recommended addition to your bucket list! Of all the adventures we've had while visiting the islands, this will be at the top of our list of favorites and we can't wait to do it again!! Mahalo to Chris and the entire Blue Hawaiian team for the great ride and yummy champagne!! And to Kai, for being so friendly and helpful with my recent purchase of the DVD'S!!!! See you all next year!!