“Great tour of West Maui!”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopter Tours - Maui
and up
West Maui and Molokai Helicopter Tour
Ranked #4 of 34 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Hawaiian Helicopters is the premier helicopter company in Hawaii utilizing the latest technology helicopters and safety systems.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Having read the reviews prior to our trip, I chose Blue Hawaii for our helicopter tour and was very pleased. We love deals, but going up in a helicopter is not the time to pinch pennies! They were very professional all the way. Emery did a great job as our pilot and narrator - we learned a lot of interesting facts. We chose the West Maui tour of about 30 minutes, the shortest one, because we had never been in a helicopter before and weren't sure what to expect. Couldn't believe how smooth it was - wish we'd had time to do one of the other tours. We arrived extra early - I asked if it would be possible for us to sit up front - I know a lot depends on the sizes and weights, but we were pleased when they honored our request - it never hurts to ask:)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

From beginning to end Blue Hawaiian gets 5 stars. Our Pilot Eric was awesome, friendly and funny. He made sure we got all the pictures we wanted and explained everything in great detail.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our Pilot Sean was polite, knowledgable & friendly, answered all our questions well. His choice of music was great durring all aspects of our flight which we continue to enjoy on our dvd of our flight made that day showing us in the helicopter (our grand kids think wer'e movie stars now. The falls were spectacular al though it was becoming dusk & harder to see. our 4pm flight was changed due to some problems with the mic's we would use to communicate but they upgraded us to the better viewing copter, gave us a free dvd of our flight and moved us to 5p. we sat in the back with an awesome view except the man in front of me did not listen to them and wore a light tshirt (reflections not good for pictures so be sure you wear dark colors) the front seat people said the son was in their eyes a lot but not for us in back. I had been up in copters before but to have good viewing the doors were off making me fearfull & it was noisy!!! not so in these copters they were awesome, quiet & your headphones & mic make you feel like the co-pilot as your pilot explains what you are looking at & what caused it, also allows you to speak to the 7 others in your copter. i can't wait to back to another island in 2013 and i'll go back with this copter tour for sure!!!

1  Thank MWCOOKIN
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Hawaii is great, this is the best thing to see the island. Wonderful waterfalls, forest and sometimes hidden forest. Sitting in the middle is one set back. No view.

2  Thank Abdul Z
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I went on a helicopter tour once before in another country and had a great time, so when we saw the opportunity to do it again in Maui, we were excited. The first time we tried in March of '11, the flight was cancelled due to weather, and we didn't have time to reschedule. This time, we made it out. So, I recommend you schedule your flight early in your vacation in case there are weather issues. Also, morning time tends to be less windy, so you may want to suck it up and get up early.

Now, the first time my husband and I were in a helicopter, the helicopter involved duct tape. This time, we were in Blue Hawaiian's Eco Star. It was absolutely amazing; like a Rolls Royce by comparison but really nice in its own right. Great windows, modern equipment, extremely smooth ride, nice headsets.

My husband and I ended up being placed in the front. If you want to take pictures, you may want to pay the extra $$ to get a front seat. I am not so sure it would have been as awesome from the back, but maybe! We didn't pay extra, it was just a happy coincidence.

Our pilot Mike was really, really fantastic. He was extremely knowledgeable, and he treated us like humans rather than tourists. I know that may sound strange, but Maui is very much a tourist destination and folks on the island are clearly used to just dealing with tons and tons of tourists. It often shows in their interactions with people in a bad way. Mike was a pleasant exception. I'm sure he's talked about the things he showed us a million times, but you didn't get the sense that he was bored with it, tired of it, or had heard it all from passengers. You got the sense that he loved his job and loved Maui.

Overall, I really have no complaints.