“Only choice when you have flight problems out of OGG”

Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Brand new, spotless and right beside the airport. We were pleased with this place overall. Mind you they are not set up for a long term stay, this is perfect for those of us with flight problems. Take the free shuttle down to the beach to watch the wind surfers. The park itself is nothing special but the wind surfing is spectacular. Just arrange for the shuttle to return to pick you up after an hour or so. One small negative was that the hotel would not provide a corkscrew to the room and we had to take our wine down to the front desk for opening?????? A short walk out the back of the property, you have Costco and Kmart for any extras.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank divinelavine

Reviewed September 28, 2012

There was old food in my refrigerator, I tripped and fell when I entered the room as it was pitch black and the light switch by the door did not work. it was very difficult to get any of the lights working. The tv did not work, there was trash in the bathroom trash can, and the internet connection was terrible. The bed was comfortable and the room was in good condition. I was only there for one night, but when I left to check out the next morning and told the front desk so they could fix it for the next guest, not only did they not apologize, another staff member came over to concur saying that the lights were very confusing for everyone. At least leave one light on so guests can see when they arrive late, or explain where and how to find the light switch when the guests check in. There was no apology from the desk agent, but she did thank me for letting them know.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Lisaglend
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Got put up for a night by American Airlines after a delayed flight. Very modern, bistro on lobby level was delicious, rooms exceptionally modern and clean. All around impressed! Beach view and mountain view, but not in walking distance to the beach. Has more of a business feel... Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank AmandaNomad
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and myself stayed 1 night to celebrate my birthday. The staff was so nice and happy to see us. It's a new hotel so everything was clean and cozy. I would recommend anyone to stay at the courtyard marriott in kahului if you want to visit food places/shopping centers/etc. Yep everything is about 5 min away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dani N
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed here on our first night in Maui (9/1/2012). I think the hotel is fairly new because I don't recall it being an option when we came here last year. It's a good spot if you have a long day of travel to get to Maui and are just looking for somewhere to pass out as soon as you arrive that first night. This is essentially how we looked at it since we had been on the move for 18+ hours coming from DC.

I personally still think it's a bit expensive for an "airport hotel", but that's Maui in general. Very nice property and very modern. Always a little disappointed when places like this don't give you a continental breakfast, though (Hampton Inn please!).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rob D
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Modern two month old property with pool really close to Maui airport. Staff really nice and helpful. Dining onsite includung dinner service. Spotless hotel, crisp sheets, modern decor.
Excellent choice for first night in Maui after a long flight and you're feeling brain dead from the jetlag. Everything is familiar and in perfect working order.
If your heading up to West Maui and you've never been before, that road has some twists and turns - even more reason to stay here first night.
Well located for seeing the sights, Road to Hana, etc. Not on the water. Nice beaches in south Maui 20 - 30 minutes , depending which you choose.
If you're doing a marathon trip through the Hawaiian islands and only spending a couple days in Maui, this would be a good base hotel as long as you understand there is no waterview and you are in a commercial, but not noisy, area.
Although some Hawaiian themes have be incorporated into the hotel decor, it stil is a Courtyard, but the newest hotel on the island.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paul F
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was on vacation with my wife and two kids. Our vacation hotel was the Marriott Wailea. We stayed here for one night since I had a free night reward. I am a platinum member because of many business trips which I mostly stay at a Courtyard or TPS. Overall Marriott has done a good job reinventing the Courtyards. I believed this Courtyard was built from the ground up instead of a remodel. Because of it was newly built everything was spotless and functionally. The Courtyard is mainly a hotel for business travelers but it was adequate for a vacation stay especially if you are on a budget. The hotel is conveniently located; down the street from the airport, walking distance to Costco and Kmart, 10 minutes drive to Baldwin beach and Paia.

The pool is adequate, not a resort pool but our kids still had fun. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The only negative is no free breakfast; especially since I'm a platinum member. Everywhere I travelled in the continental US Courtyard offered me free breakfast for being a platinum member.

Overall we were really impressed with the hotel. In fact the room at the Courtyard is better than the Marriott Wailea room which was dated.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WannabeJetsetter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Seaside Hotel
16 mi away
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
#14 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport? Share your experiences!