“Great shave ice”

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Kahului
Good for: Families with children
Description: All Shave Ice is Not Created Equal... We specialize in and are passionate about serving the BEST shave ice! Now open for 5 years, we have rapidly become recognized as the top shave ice shop in Maui and one of the top 3 shave ice shops in ALL of Hawaii! We are known for the softest ice (comparable to Waiola's on Oahu), the best tasting flavors (we make 100% of our flavors using premium fruit purees, fresh fruits (when available), extracts, and concentrates from Hawaii and all across the United States), and warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit! We specialize in our tropical fruit flavors. Our mango, coconut, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), and guava taste like biting into the fresh fruit itself. From the filtered water to the premium gourmet Roselani's Ice Cream to the homemade mochi and azuki add-ons, we have thought through every detail of the shave ice to provide the BEST tasting shave ice possible! Get rid of any preconceived notions of what a shave ice or snow cone is like.....this takes shave ice beyond the highest level imaginable!
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Based on the reviews, we went to Ululani's for shave ice and didn't try any other places because it was great. That said I don't know if it is better than other places because we couldn't compare, but you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Tasty, thirst quenching treat especially when you're feeling hot! The shaved ice is very fine and smooth unlike other vendors. They really pack it down so once liquid flavor is poured down, you don't get a hollow and melted part in the container. That's another thing I like about them...not feeling cheated for what you're paying for. You can even add a scoop of ice cream (placed at bottom) if you are feeling special for an additional price, but certainly worth it! Their syrups don't have the after-taste of "fake flavoring". That's how good it is! Our family sometimes go there after dining out and have these different flavors as dessert treats. If you haven't had one yet, I suggest you give it a try! :-)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am not a fan of snow cones so when this place was suggested to me, I was skeptical. Well ... this ain't your grandma's snow cone! The texture of this shave ice is like ice cream. And the flavors of the syrup at Ululani's are incomparable. We bought our selections and continued down the street to a Crazy Shirts store. Inside there, a salesperson told me Ululani's makes their own syrups. I have not verified that but I have since tried shave ice in Plano, Texas and while the ice itself compares ... the flavors do not. Ululani's is a must stop for anyone going to Maui. Go early ... go often!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I came here twice during our stay in Maui and now that I'm back in NY oh how I miss it! There are three sizes- Micro, small and large. The large is big enough for two and they give you a stand to keep your treat steady to share. For an extra buck you can get ice cream in the bottom of your ice which I recommend. I tried both the mac nut and the haupi, both were great. On the ice I really enjoyed the coconut, guava, mango and tamarind flavors. Get the snow cap for 50 extra cents....they pour condensed milk over the top. Delicious!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I could eat this every day! Thank God for Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice! A must when on Maui. Be sure to try all 4 locations.

1  Thank EmiEvans