“Great place to stay for our trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Maui Seaside Hotel

Maui Seaside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Frostburg, Maryland
“Great place to stay for our trip!”
Reviewed May 12, 2006

We read mixed reviews regarding this hotel. Basically those writing lesser than positive were looking for a resort type stay.

Location was fantastic! Walkable community in Kahului. Ease of transportation by rental car. Great shopping mall nearby for last minute items. Wonderful acesses to the Arts Center where we saw Jack Johnson and Friends (reason we booked the trip). We were able to walk to the concert safely and easily.

We could get to all areas of the island easily and quickly from Maui Seaside. Each trip to a beach or park was breathtaking.

Room was clean, staff was very friendly and accomodating! breakfast was something to be desired - but free. I prefer something more healthy.

We hope to have the opportunity to visit Maui and stay at your hotel once again! We would certainly book a room at Maui Seaside again! This was our most relaxing vacation EVER! Mahalo Maui!

Raquel Ketterman

• Stayed April 2006
11 Thank RaquelKetterman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Corona, California
Reviewed March 30, 2006

I've never written a review before, but because I've found the reviews I've read very helpful, I thought I'd pass along the favor.

We stayed at the Maui Seaside over the president's day weekend and were pleasantly surprised. The trip was booked through Travelocity. The front desk folks were friendly and check-in was very quick. They didn't even need my credit card as a deposit. The hotel is old, with dated decor, but room was very clean and the shower had adequate pressure. The air conditioner worked fine. The beds had either Serta or Sealy brand mattresses (I noticed it when the sheets came undone), and were comfortable. The pool looked clean, although we never used it. The FREE continental breakfast was good and very useful in pricey Maui. The location was actually pretty good, close to the Mall, airport, start of Hana Road and the Crator.

When I go on vacation, I generally don't like the room to be made up everyday. So I left the DO NOT DISTURB sign on for 4 days, and they completely respected it. My idea of a hotel is really just a place to come back, shower, and sleep. If you're looking for a resort to hang out at, this is not the place for you. However, if you want a CLEAN place to sleep and shower, with FREE breakfast in the morning, all at a good price, then you should definitely consider Maui Seaside.

• Stayed February 2006
21 Thank yesngo
North Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2006

My daughter & I just returned from our vacation to Maui. We thought that the Maui Seaside Hotel was a convenient place to start our vacation. It was close to the airport and easy to get to. We planned on driving the road to Hana the next day and needed a place to stay overnight. This worked great. The staff was pleasant and the free breakfast was good. The rooms aren't huge and I wouldn't want to spend a whole week there (I wouldn't want to spend a whole week in Kahului, either) but for our needs it was perfect.

• Stayed March 2006
12 Thank crayz2sew
Reviewed February 22, 2006

my husband and myself checked into the maui seaside
hotel in kahului february 4, 2006. the first day was
great after that it went downhill as far as the desk
clerks, rude and not very helpful when it came to
asking a question or where the location of someplace
was they would say (front desk people that is)
phone books in the room that's what they are there for. now what are you supposed to say to that. I am never going to stay there again I don't need that kind
of attitude especially when I pay well over 1000.00
and get no respect what so ever.

no thanks
J.Iacono
Fbks, Ak.

• Stayed February 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Kahului hotels

Reviewed February 15, 2006

I stayed at the hotel because of the price, but I found too many inconveniences for my taste. The rooms are small but comfortable (ask to stay in the tower for a larger room). If you need to iron, forget it! You have to take your clothes DOWN to the laundry room and iron them with a horrible iron chained to the board! Not my idea of a comfortable room experience.

Stayed February 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 20, 2006

We only stayed three nights and that was enough. The down side is the room smelled musty and gross. The place is not fancy, but we weren't there to spend in the hotel room. The pool was too cold to swim in. Beach is average. The air conditioning unit was very noisy and kept us awake the first night. We told the management and it was fixed right away. We also needed another blanket, no problem. The people were very friendly and the breakfast was good. Plan on 40+ drive to any attractions. Probably wouldn't stay here again. But for those on a budget like we were, it was fine.

• Stayed December 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed January 17, 2006

We arrived in Maui 10:30PM, and based on the Nov. review, reserved our first night stay here. It's less than a 10 minute drive from the airport, and it is a perfectly good motel for a short stay;clean and comfortable. They offer a continental breakfast that helped us get on our way to our destination. I would definitely stay there again for the convenience.

• Stayed January 2006
10 Thank eos_domestic_goddess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
#29 of 32 in Lahaina
Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!