“Quiet, comfortable and clean”
Review of Maui Seaside Hotel

Maui Seaside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Calgary
“Quiet, comfortable and clean”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Last night on the island and wanted somewhere close to the airport for my am flight.

Pleasantly welcomed to this cozy hotel on the harbour! This location brings me back to the family holidays we had as a kid when the rooms had lots of space, clean and cozy beds and working air conditioning/heating systems you can control.

Had a great night sleep and a great hot shower to start the day. Super breakfast at the onsite restaurant then took a walk along the harbour path before heading to the airport.

Would recommend to anyone for no frills comfort and value.

3 Thank momYYCmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Waianae, Hawaii
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We recently stayed there in Feb.2014 due to a wedding we needed to attend. The accommodations met our needs. Coming from the island of Oahu and visiting for the first time we fell in love with Maui. Maui has amazing views and beautiful beaches. We stayed in room 114 which was walking distance to the beach that had fine sand which i had never felt before, even my children noticed it being different from our sand on Oahu.It was wonderful having the pool located right out our door for my three and six year old who loves swimming. Our room had two double beds which was perfect for my family which fit all our needs. The bathroom was clean and being able to make your own cup of coffee in the morning I loved. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We extended a day and at first we needed to change rooms but then we ended up keeping our original room which was convenient. Having the Pride of America(cruz ship) pass right in front of the hotel was thrilling for my children and I. I took awesome pictures of them with the ship as a background We loved our stay and most importantly my children did as well. The only thing was that we had to leave and come back to reality. My opinion is....it doesn't matter where I stay its about enjoying what Maui offers with my family.

1 Thank Monica S
Camp Hill, PA
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Full disclosure: we were going to spend 2 weeks at a condo in Maui. We wanted to spend our arrival night near the airport because of the long flight from East Coast (USA) and time difference, so we chose this hotel because of convenience not amenities.

In that respect we were not disappointed as our room though small, spartan and dated was clean. Also the bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, it was reasonably priced and we got a good night's sleep before starting our vacation.

Would we stay here for this purpose again? Yes. Would it be our hotel of choice for an extended stay? No.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jerryk1948
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The rooms are old-styled and you can hear pretty much everything what's going on next door. However they are clean and large, and if you open the window you can sleep with the ocean's sound.
Tip: do not pay for the parking, there is a big free parking lot right next to the hotel's one (east side)!

Room Tip: Don' t get the included breakfast, it is not worth it!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Andrea D
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here in early Feb. 2014 for one night only since our flight was arriving late and we did not feel like driving to the other side of the island to our resort after a long day of travel. After reading many of the reviews here on Trip Advisor, we booked a room with 2 double beds on Expedia for $139 plus tax. The room was clean, spacious, had an extra single bed which was a bonus, small sitting area, counter with mini fridge, sink and microwave. It was on the main floor overlooking the pool.

The motel is older and in need of renovation, but it was clean. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

The pool was not heated and quite cold, but my 5 and 7 year old still went in. There's a very small beach in front of the hotel overlooking the bay. There is a $5 per day parking fee. Free wifi but not the best connection in our room.

We ate at the adjoining restaurant "Tante's" for dinner and the food was good - my husband ordered a Philipino dish that was quite tasty. There's a fairly large menu to chose from.

There was a Whole Foods store (great place for coffee and breakfast) and Longs Drug store across the street which was very handy. Costco and Walmart were also very close. Kite surfing school was within a few miles.

If you are looking for an affordable, clean, no frills place to stay close to the airport, the Maui Seaside is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
4 Thank ironmom69
canada
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We booked this hotel to shower before our flight home because we could not get a late check out at the place we stayed for two weeks. We were rather speechless when we walked in. Actually, we were scared at first. The hotel looks like something out of a B rate movie or a very small town or a blast from the way far past ----- like 1960. I will say this: Despite the extremely dated and basic nature of the room and furnishings, I believe the room was very clean. If a person was on a tight budget, was not fussy about location and could get past the vintage decor, it would be serviceable. The interior grounds and pool looked quite nice. The front desk attendants were very nice and helpful. It served us well for showering which was our only purpose, but to be honest I could not stay there. Perhaps I have become a bit of a hotel snob. I am ashamed to admit it, but I just couldn't do it.

1 Thank bkjjk
Captain Cook, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Pros: This is a decent, budget hotel. They have a great view of the ocean beyond the pool. The big grassy areas are lovely with lots of places to hang out and enjoy the sunset. The rooms are large, retro (read: old-style), and clean. The photos posted by travelers were pretty accurate. Coffee maker and small frig in room. Whole Foods within walking distance. Close to airport.
Cons: The "tower" room I had was below grade. I had a view of the sidewalk and building entry. Not horrible, but something you should consider when choosing your room. I would have loved to turn off the A/C and sleep with my windows open, but just wasn't comfortable with that. My room, I discovered, backed up to the elevator. I listened to it whoosh up and down well into the night. I've also read several posts indicating breakfast was included. No one made mention of this when we checked in.

Room Tip: If you're in the "tower", avoid rooms that back up to the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Nancy Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
#30 of 32 in Lahaina
Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!