“Not a resort, but good value for money”
Review of Maui Seaside Hotel

Maui Seaside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Close to airport and to the Kamahanu Mall. Easy access to Hwy to Hana and Hwy to Haleakala.
Internet access, though present in the rooms, was slow (unless you checked your mail in the middle of the night)
Rooms are large, well lit and comfortable. Bathrooms are neat and clean.
Walls are paper thin and acoustics are bad.We had the concierge call up one night to say there was noise from our room when we were asleep! (We were quite upset that she had not even bothered to check where the noise was coming from)
Most of the staff with the exception of that woman were very friendly and accomodating.
Breakfast was wholesome, but choices were limited, and got boring after the first couple of days.
There is parking onsite, but places fill up quickly..

Room Tip: Acoustics are poor in the rooms...wouldn't recommend if you are a very light sleeper.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Maui Seaside Hotel

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel was pretty clean. We stayed at all three Seaside Hotels in Hawaii and this in all honesty was the best one. Free internet in the room and the breakfast was filling, and featured delicious local food. This was the first hotel we stayed in Hawaii. We arrived at night, so to wake up the next morning to the view we had was a breathtaking moment. All the staff was friendly and greeted us with a nice Hi or Aloha.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deajay Y
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I booked this hotel for our first night in Maui. We were scheduled for a late arrival and saw no sense in driving to the other side of the island late at night. I picked Maui Seaside because of it's proximity to the airport. As the trip got closer, I read more and more reviews and began to wonder about my selection. I was very pleased with selection after having stayed there. The motel is exactly what it is advertised to be------a nice clean, not too expensive motel close to the airport. My room was very clean! The staff was very friendly! If I had to complain about anything, I suppose I could pick two things: My wives luggage was heavy to carry up the single flight of stairs and the air conditioning is off until you get to the room and turn it on. No big deal! I would stay there again in an instant under similar circumstances.

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This was the first hotel we stayed at during our honeymoon island tour. It was a very good hotel for a reasonable price. It was very close to the airport, easy to find, fronts on a nice (small) beach on Kahului Bay, and has a nice, homey feel (as to be expected with a family-run hotel).

The rooms were reasonable, clean and comfortable. If you're looking for a resort experience, this is not it, but it is a very good value for the money. The wi-fi signal was also only really usable in the hotel lobby, and pretty slow there-but sitting in the lobby waiting for your download to finish with ocean breezes blowing through is hardly a bad experience. Breakfast at the attached restaurant was included and was delicious.

One warning: parking spaces are pretty small and there aren't many of them. To ensure you can park reasonably, get there before dinnertime.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Nice and quiet. Convenient to the airport. Friendly staff. Room was clean. Tante's restaurant on-site serves great local food food for a decent price. They have started to charge for parking, though $5/night.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same. You just pay more for pool or a view. Standard HI.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The Maui Seaside Hotel is a larger, older, low rise property west of the airport in Kahului. The staff are friendly, efficient, and attentive. When I had trouble printing my boarding pass for our next flight on Mokelele, the woman at the desk made several attempts herself. We both failed because the airline doesn't require boarding passes for that flight, but she tried when she did not have any duty to go that extra step. Our room was spacious, just off the pool, and clean. This is an excellent property for anyone planning to visit Haleakala and highly recommended.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed this hotel during my trip in Maui and this hotel's location was good. But once I get in the room the room's facilities are old and I was really mad the Wi Fi doesn't work at all and they said the reason is too many guest using it. I had to use their wired computer at the lobby
with depositing my licence to use lobby computer. Room refridgerater did not work and they wrote down " to use it turn dial on inside of device" but it was broken.
I could not use my smart phone, tap and my own computer with paying $180 plus tax. It is not definitely worth of the money.

Room Tip: Better to find better franchised Hotel
1  Thank Byung Moon L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Beach Hotel
#30 of 32 in Lahaina
Aston at Papakea Resort
Aston at Papakea Resort
#26 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!