“Convenient, Urban Location, Near the Airport.”
Review of Maui Seaside Hotel

Maui Seaside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The Maui Seaside Hotel is a larger, older, low rise property west of the airport in Kahului. The staff are friendly, efficient, and attentive. When I had trouble printing my boarding pass for our next flight on Mokelele, the woman at the desk made several attempts herself. We both failed because the airline doesn't require boarding passes for that flight, but she tried when she did not have any duty to go that extra step. Our room was spacious, just off the pool, and clean. This is an excellent property for anyone planning to visit Haleakala and highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed this hotel during my trip in Maui and this hotel's location was good. But once I get in the room the room's facilities are old and I was really mad the Wi Fi doesn't work at all and they said the reason is too many guest using it. I had to use their wired computer at the lobby
with depositing my licence to use lobby computer. Room refridgerater did not work and they wrote down " to use it turn dial on inside of device" but it was broken.
I could not use my smart phone, tap and my own computer with paying $180 plus tax. It is not definitely worth of the money.

Room Tip: Better to find better franchised Hotel
1  Thank Byung Moon L
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed at the Maui Seaside Hotel our first night on Maui as we had booked a helicopter ride the next day. I was delightfully surprised by this place. The staff were very friendly & all the spaces were very clean. Our room was very basic but that was all we wanted. The bed was so comfortable. We didn't use the pool but did make use of the quiet area by the sea at the end of the property. We stayed on the 3rd floor in the 'tower' building. The hotel is about 2 to 3 blocks away from the Maui Mall which had a Whole Foods & Cinema. The free internet was a huge bonus for us as was the laundry room! We would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Nicole M
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The hotel is very clean and the attention is very good.

Too much noise from the road is the only thing. It is good to spend couple of nights. Car needed.

You are in the city so it is a good place if your are thinking on discover the north shore.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport, to Haleakala and to the Road to Hana. Our only regret is that we stayed in Maui only for 2 days. We were greeted with very friendly staff, always smiling. The room was adequate, the little private beach made for some nice romantic walks. We asked to use the hospitality room to freshen up before our flight and to wash off the sand from our visit to the beach and they obliged. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Maui. Mahalo Maui Seaside!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunder I
Reviewed January 1, 2014

January 1, 2014
What a wonderful way to bring in the New Year. Watching fireworks over the harbor in Kahului! They went on and on and on. We watched for a half an hour from the Maui Seaside Hotel until 12:15am. Given it was around 4am from where we’re from I didn’t feel too bad about going to bed even though the fireworks seemed to continue for another half hour.

The Maui Seaside Hotel is wonderful. Retro is the word that comes to mind. The beds are small but firm, everything is older style but works and is clean. Both my wife and I thought as we checked in last night, “This feels like we are checking into Dexter’s house.” Neither said it aloud until the next morning. The other memory is the guy who steals the money from a drug cartel and is hiding out in a motel. It ends badly for him.

Maui Seaside bills itself as a hotel run by Hawaiians for the last 50 years - authentic for sure. The pool is small, but clean and cool. The grass is immaculate and the sound of the ocean waves is memorizing. There is a small fridge and coffee maker with actually decent coffee. Nice little sitting area outside your room, an adult quiet area closer to the beach and away from the pools. The breakfast is exactly what you’d expect. We chose the bacon and eggs and toast and one with the Portuguese sausage instead of bacon. Delicious! Time to switch to the healthy options from now on, though.

Six minutes from the airport and when you wake up you are “in” Maui. The hotels nearer the airport could be in any city in Canada or the US.

The people are so friendly but unobtrusive. I’d want to work here. All-in-all highly recommended if you are clear about what you are looking for. Would stay again.

1  Thank BigTalk
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I booked a standard king bed room on Expedia and what we got for our first night was two twin beds. I asked to change and they told me that the requirement I made on Expedia was just "request", not guaranteed. I was not really happy about what they said so i came to the counter on the next day and one of their staffs helped us to change to the room we wanted and room was nice and clean.

In general, good location, easy to drive to any sites from this hotel in Maui island, close to airport. Many eating places you can go for dinning and Wholefoods is an excellent place to stop by for snacks and necessities.

Overall, our experience was ok, I may stay in the hotel for our next trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Beach Hotel
#14 of 32 in Lahaina
Aston Kaanapali Shores
Aston Kaanapali Shores
#13 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!