“"Pleasant 7 night stay"”
Review of Maui Seaside Hotel

Maui Seaside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Pomona, California
“"Pleasant 7 night stay"”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Not a fancy place, but very clean, comfortable king size bed. Something didn't work in the room we were assigned #004, and Sherrie immediately moved us to another room #102. Nice & friendly staff. Will gladly stay at Maui Seaside Hotel when visiting Maui. Thank you SHERRIE & LYNNETE for your Outstanding service. Sincerely, Noemi Cabezas. :)

7 Thank NoemiCabezas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is absolutely disgusting. My husband had to brush a dead bug off the sheets. There was brown filth around the bottom of the toilet. There was visible dirt all around the room. It even felt gross and had a musty smell. I don't think of myself as picky, but I don't like having to worry about what I may accidentally brush up against in a hotel room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maryritaw
kimiwoodd, Manager at Maui Seaside Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business as well as your feedback. We are very concerned about the remarks made on the cleanliness of our guest rooms. Negative comments regarding our housekeeping department are very rare at our hotel, so this has come as a complete surprise to me. Guest satisfaction is very important to us so I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this with you in full at (808) 341 6016. thank you

Travelers are raving about these Kahului hotels

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed November 29, 2012

No frills. And, no thrills. It is nicely located with most malls nearby. So, if you are just looking for a launchpad place for your trip and expect to spend most of the time outside hotel, this is a good option. Note that the Internet connection is very poor in the rooms. Connection breaks frequently. I called up the front desk and they gave me the number of the company that manages internet connection in the hotel. Really?

2 Thank thebigg67
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel does not pretend to be a Hilton or Ritz Carlton or a big resort. It's a nice, clean little hotel with pleasant, helpful staff. I was very pleasantly surprised after booking on Hotwire. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank eyelovetotraveltwo
Orangevale, California
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I found this hotel on TripAdvisor and found the reviews to be good. We decided to try it because we only needed a room for one night and it was close to the airport. It was very convenient to get to/from the airport to pick up family the next day. We arrived at 2:45pm and were told check-in wasn't until 3pm. We said we would wait (we learned they make everyone wait even if your room is ready). Our room was on the first floor facing the pool and had a partial ocean view($119/night). The hotel is very old and needs updating but we found it to be comfortable and very clean. They take pride in keeping what they have clean and in good working order. The bed was very comfortable, it had a fridge and microwave and a wall air-conditioning unit. They do charge $5 per night for parking and they patrol the parking lot when you come and go looking for your parking tag(they have a problem with locals parking there overnight). Breakfast came with the room. You go to the Coconut Grill next door and they give you 3 breakfast choices with juice or coffee. The food was good and service nice. This hotel seems to serve a lot of locals from other islands. The staff was pleasant but seemed to not be as friendly to the tourists. Would stay again for a single night.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money($10) and get a room with a pool/ocean view.
1 Thank NorCal-traveler08
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2012

from reading reviews (and arriving late after a day of traveling) requested ground floor, garden view (vs street or parking lot) it was absolutely fabulous for these two weary travelers.
Clean compact room, with great shower and greater breakfast(included) at the hotel resto. Dinner was also so good that we arranged our final close-to-airport dinner there, too.
Loved pool right outside our door, and small but equally perfect beach walk. Mahalo for a great start and end to a great vacay.
Kathy and Marvin

Room Tip: we appreciated our room on the ground floor (no lugging baggage up stairs) and on pool/garden side.
2 Thank kathy2ront2
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The location of the hotel is very good, very close to the airport, restaurants, mall etc. Rooms are just about sufficient for a couple.

However, the hotel says it has free Wi-fi but the internet connection in the hotel room is HORRIBLE. I saw a bunch of unsecured connections but none of them were strong enough (had 1 bar at max) and I could never connect to internet. I had planned my vacation in such a way that every evening from 5-11PM, we just wanted to stay in the room but because of this problem, there was nothing to do in the hotel room. I had to carry my laptop to the lobby every time I needed to connect. Signal was much better there. After telling them several times, they asked me to contact the ISP and resolve it myself!!! Absolutely not my job, rather they should fix there routers or place stronger routers in more places.

Also, the parking was free when I booked the hotel but at check in they said, the parking outside of the hotel is free (!!!) but we need to pay 5 bucks a day to park inside the hotel. This was quite unexpected too.

Overall, other than the location, there is nothing great about the hotel stay.

Room Tip: Don't Expect Internet Connection and be ready to pay to park.
1 Thank harshita k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
#30 of 32 in Lahaina
Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!