“I would stay again”
Review of Maui Seaside Hotel

Maui Seaside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I choose the 50s or 60s style motel as we were arriving late in the evening and it was very close to Maui's main airport (OGG). Check in was a breeze and front desk staff were friendly. Our room was not huge but for my wife and I it was just fine. Furniture was a bit dated but hey so am I. I felt the room was clean as did my wife. They had a nice pool area with what seemed like lots of seating (we did not use). Ice bucket was a big Styrofoam cup acquired from the front desk. which was not a problem as we were there for one night. We booked the breakfast included option which I would do again, not a continental breakfast but a many choices cooked to order and was good. Parking was $5.00 which in my opinion was OK as security was driving around in a golf cart as well as on foot. They let us have a late check out which was also good. I travel a lot and I would say for what we paid I have no complaints. I gave it a three because it is not a Hilton or Marriott style hotel and was not above average for an older style motel. If you are looking for fancy this is not for you. If you are looking for a good price for a clean room and nothing fancy than this is your place. Oh the wireless internet in the room worked ok not supper fast but not a snail either. TV channel selection was good. I hope this helps

Room Tip: I booked through the hotel as no joy with priceline on a bid
7  Thank runningtheline
There are newer reviews for Maui Seaside Hotel

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place has a wonderful location: Oceanside and close to the Airport. Beautiful grounds. Probably wonderful in the day but, needs lots of improvement to keep up with the times. Unless you get a ocean view room...you feel cramped in the small rooms, hallways and low ceilings. I would not recommend this place until they did some serious upgrades. Old STINKY carpet!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We decided to stay here after arriving late at night to Maui before driving to our resort. I do not recommend starting your vacation this way. Yes, it was convenient to the airport but ewww. Slept with windows wide open as it smelled awful. Scared to touch bedding and one of the beds sheets were stained. Brand new Courtyard Hotel close by, has to be better.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank SeattleFamilyof5
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was a little concerned when we drove up to the hotel because honestly, it doesn't look like much, but we needed a place to stay on the north side of the Island, as we had dinner reservations at Mama's, and an early bike trip on Haleakala. We had previously booked a room in Lahaina before I realized the geographical challenge that was going to pose to our plans. :)

As we had prepaid for the room, we went ahead and checked in and took a look at the room. Bathroom was clean, bedding was clean, location was right where we needed it to be. Back guest entrance locks at 8 pm for security so you need to go through the lobby to get in. Overall, fine for the price, and as others have said, good for a night's stay close to the airport.

3  Thank kitegoddess
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This place for PERFECT for our first stay in Maui. The staff was wonderful; the location was amazing & the price made it possible to do many other things on the island. THANK YOU so much Maui Seaside Hotel......when we come back to Maui we're coming to stay here!!!

4  Thank Lee S
Reviewed June 15, 2012

When others complain, I shake my head and wonder if they were thinking this is a Luxury Resort or something.
This is not a place to lounge by the sea,drink fruity cocktails under the moon or expect room service- what you see is what you get and for the price it cant be beat.
WHat is this hotel ? To me after flying from Florida and 2 layovers and arriving at 8.30pm it was a short hop-skip-jump from the airport.This hotel is a place to use when you arrive later in the evening and want a good clean place to sleep your jet lag off, and in my case ( I like to save money ) i could not find the logic of arriving 8.30 at night driving to other side of the isle and arriving late at my hotel and paying $350.00 for such a late check in - use this place to unwind, sleep some jet lag off, wake up refreshed and head to your resort feeling good for the rest of your stay on the isla
Check in smooth and efficeint, not the worst not the best customer service.
Rooms smallish , bit outdated like the hotel ( but we expected it ) however clean and cozy......
Grounds were clean and imaculate- I felt safe.....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank TDCDIRECTOR
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Well, it was the cheapest hotel I found with not-so-bad review, so I booked it. I stayed at this hotel for one night for catching up an early flight back home. The stuffs at front desk were very friendly. Room was simple and clean, but I didn't sleep well because the A/C was too noisy. The breakfast at Coconut Grill (right next to the lobby) was okay. There is also an alternative options for breakfast less than one mile away, Whole Food Supermarket. Overall, the location of this hotel is very close to the airport and all rental car locations. If your budget is around $100/night, I guess this is the best choice you can find within this price range.

1  Thank Enya H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Beach Hotel
#30 of 32 in Lahaina
Aston at Papakea Resort
Aston at Papakea Resort
#26 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!