Maui Seaside Hotel
$209
AscendHotels
$320
$140
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$212
  • Beachfront
$509
  • Restaurant
1,155 results
All reviewsclose to the airportattached restaurantisland cuisinefree breakfastminutes from the airportkahului airportolder hotelstayed one nightconvenient locationsmall beachhospitality roomnice poolon site restaurantper nightceiling fansmall fridgeroad to hana
Reviewed June 15, 2012

When others complain, I shake my head and wonder if they were thinking this is a Luxury Resort or something.
This is not a place to lounge by the sea,drink fruity cocktails under the moon or expect room service- what you see is what you get and for the price it cant be beat.
WHat is this hotel ? To me after flying from Florida and 2 layovers and arriving at 8.30pm it was a short hop-skip-jump from the airport.This hotel is a place to use when you arrive later in the evening and want a good clean place to sleep your jet lag off, and in my case ( I like to save money ) i could not find the logic of arriving 8.30 at night driving to other side of the isle and arriving late at my hotel and paying $350.00 for such a late check in - use this place to unwind, sleep some jet lag off, wake up refreshed and head to your resort feeling good for the rest of your stay on the isla
Check in smooth and efficeint, not the worst not the best customer service.
Rooms smallish , bit outdated like the hotel ( but we expected it ) however clean and cozy......
Grounds were clean and imaculate- I felt safe.....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank TDCDIRECTOR
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Well, it was the cheapest hotel I found with not-so-bad review, so I booked it. I stayed at this hotel for one night for catching up an early flight back home. The stuffs at front desk were very friendly. Room was simple and clean, but I didn't sleep well because the A/C was too noisy. The breakfast at Coconut Grill (right next to the lobby) was okay. There is also an alternative options for breakfast less than one mile away, Whole Food Supermarket. Overall, the location of this hotel is very close to the airport and all rental car locations. If your budget is around $100/night, I guess this is the best choice you can find within this price range.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Enya H
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Located near the airport with a supermarker about two traffic lights away. Room was simple, small parking area. overpriced for sure. Not a good hotel to start your vacation with.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Chloebebe
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

thank you for your review. We take all of our guest comments very seriously because we strive to provide all that we promise to your guests. We promote comfortable and clean accommodations in a friendly Hawaiian atmosphere at a budget price. This is a Hawaiian family owned Hotel, and we have enormous pride in this local style property. We our deeply sorry that you found our hotel less than satsfactory. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed here for two days after coming back from a trip to Molokai. The Hawaiian on the trip told me that the Maui Seaside is where Hawaiians stay when they come over from Oahu. While I didn't take a survey, the hotel had a more "local" feel to it than others I have stayed at in Hawaii. There seemed to be guests of varied nationalities. I found the variety refreshing.

There were many families with children and they seemed to be having a good time in the pool. In fact, all the guests seemed relaxed, happy and down to earth.

The hotel is at least twenty years old. It faces a working port harbor and a major thoroughfare on the opposite side. The rooms are basic but clean and bigger than those in many of the new boutique hotels. You also get a coffeemaker in your room, like in the good old days.

The place is situated between two shopping malls and near Walgreens and Longs drug stores. On Kane St. nearby, you can buy food at Foodtown, eat your dinner in your room and look at the water from your window.

The restaurant seems popular too.

They have a coin op laundry. They also have a business center and staff patiently answers questions from tech challenged grannies like me.

The staff was responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. They gave me exactly the kind of room I wanted, unlike many of the the snotty lip snarlers at the newer "hip" hotels.

This is not a "glam" resort hot spot but a good place to stay for a couple of nights if you need to be near the airport.

Room Tip: Get there at 3PM, check in time.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank elyette
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Depends on where would u like to stay in maui. This hotel is one out of two of the closest hotel to maui intl airport. Location is close to supermarkets, gas stations, restaurants and other shops. However its far from the high end or tourist attractions.
If u are just after a room to have the night for rest, this one isnt too bad. Room is clean and pretty quiet. Building is pretty old. Jst make sure u rent a car if u are primarily stayin in this hotel durig ur trip to maui. Otherwise would be hard for u to get around to beaches or tourist attrations that are far from Kahului.

• Stayed: January 2012