“Big rooms, noisy aircon, smells of dope, damn noisy with rooster wakeup!”
Review of Maui Seaside Hotel

Maui Seaside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Reviewed May 26, 2011

On the surface, it looks clean and elegant, a classic hotel. The location and parking are pretty handy too. But we changed rooms 3 times trying to get a decent nights rest.

The first room had a rattling noisy airconditioner, and we were woken up by a stupid rooster after 5am.

We tried changing, but the next room smelt so foul, with the bathroom so pungent from weed, that we didnt bother opening our bags.

The 3rd room wasn't too bad, the aircon was a bit quieter, and it was okay.

Breakfast in the hotel was pretty good, although service is friendly but can be a bit slow.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first, test the aircon.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jono_Melbourne

Reviewed May 12, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here, but we would have preferred the Lahaina area instead. It's a clean hotel along the ocean for a reasonable price. Overall enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank rainn2001
Reviewed May 6, 2011

For my purposes this hotel was great. I was landing late after flying for over 24 hours from Europe. I knew i'd be exhausted so I didn't want to drive the 45 mins to Kaanapali (or pay for an expensive resort just to sleep!).

This property was clean. Great simple breakfast was included at the restaurant adjacent -- a bit on the small side but perfect for me.

The staff was accommodating when I was a bit concerned for my safety and put me in a room near the office. The safety concern was mostly because I was a single female traveler arriving late to a lot of locals hanging out in the parking lot - just gave me a weird vibe.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank TheCaliTraveler
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I really didn't expect to be so delighted after reading some of the other reviews. You won't find a resort. What you will find: the rooms are clean, quiet, and nicely furnished. The staff is exceptionally nice. They will show you where you can park if you don't want to pay for parking: the area was well lit, and I (senior woman) felt safe walking alone to my room at night (1-3 minute walk).
By using a bidding site I got a price about 40% less than the advertised rate. At that price I could hardly believe the value I was getting.
What I really appreciated was what a close and easy drive it was to the Iao Needle and to get started on the Road to Hana.

Room Tip: Check in early - you might get an upgrade
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Clarite
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I choose this hotel since our plane arrived at midnight our time & we did not want to drive far. Our room was tiny and very stuffy. The AC was not even on; were they not expecting us?? When we turned it on ( a small window unit in a hole in the wall-very inadequate) it never cooled the room, even after running all night. There was a used band-aid on the floor and overall the place was run-down. The grounds are alright, beach access was easy. I did not try the breakfast because even though there were 3 of us traveling, they only gave us 2 breakfast vouchers. The fridge also was not on when we checked in and did not cool until hours later when I turned if off then on again. There was absolutely no way an ocean breeze could have come through the room and we spent an uncomfortable night. Couldn't wait to leave the next morning. I am very glad their price was so reasonable because I would have hated to pay more for what we got.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Donnie B
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Not bad for the price. Big room with nice ocean view. The only problem is the aircon unit is too small for the size of the room. It will take a long time for it to cool the room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mitan
Reviewed April 16, 2011

My wife and I stayed there 6 nights starting mar. 29 2011 and were very happy with the room, restaurant, and front desk. We asked about the Luau in Lahaina and they called to set up a date right away. We went to maui to travel the island and see the sightes, not to stay in the hotel and be pampered. I would tell my friends to stay there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 38491pat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Beach Hotel
#14 of 32 in Lahaina
Aston Kaanapali Shores
Aston Kaanapali Shores
#13 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!