Review Highlights
Great trip, great lessons

Aloha Karen, Sitting here at the airport heading back to the mainland. This was my second time... read more

Reviewed July 30, 2018
ajpaulsen5
Olympia, Washington
via mobile
Outstanding experience at Acqua Sport Maui kiteboarding

I called Karen (the boss) after being disappointed with hiring a free lance instructor who sort... read more

Reviewed July 27, 2018
Mach78
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews kite beach kiteboarding lessons taking lessons learning curve feel confident these guys karen instructor surf paulsen progression company mainland vacation
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I chose Aquasports largely based on the reviews I read. They lived up to them all. I had Diana for a day and half and Matt for a day ( A day for me was a 3 hour session). They did not extend my session in conditions that would not keep me learning and excited. Matt and Diana were both amazing people, genuinely committed to my progress and safety. Karen the owner, answered every one of my calls and question leading up to the start including my panic call while lost on the way to my first lesson. This is not a bunch of surf bum drop outs . This is a group of intelligent, enthusiastic, highly skilled people in great shape that could be doing a lot of things that pay a lot better. I felt lucky to be in their hands and am sure you will too.

Date of experience: October 2013
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Took 4 lessons with Karen Lang and was on the board and riding on the 3rd day. Considering it's a not an easy sport to learn, I was super happy to see progress so fast. Karen was, helpful, encouraging and patient. Great experience, thank you Aqua Sports Maui!

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great kiteboarding school. Their booking process is easy (you can even do it online through their website), and their instructors are great! They are really patient and thorough, and pushed me to improve and progress while making sure my safety was top priority. I've been amazed by how quickly I've learned to kiteboard. If you're looking for a new water sport, looking to expand your kiteboarding skills, or just want to try something fun while on vacation, check them out. I would recommend Aquasports and their instructors to anyone.

Date of experience: February 2013
1  Thank Sherra E
Reviewed October 6, 2013

#1 Activity on Maui - Karen Lang and her team can create the environment for a life changing experience in Kiteboarding; take a day or better yet a week and be surfing with your kite motor in the sky; never too old too get up and go; mid 50s here and loving it ! Mahalo Karen for letting me be a kid again - forever young :) Aqua Sports places safety first and ensures the equipment is outstanding and that you know how to use it property! Aqua has a range of professional instructors so don't be shy about telling them what personality fits you the best. That is key to find the best instructor for success.

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I took 5 kiteboard lessons with Aqua Sports Maui this past August. The Readers Digest version: Highly recommended. Stop reading and take a lesson!

This was my introduction to kiteboarding and I was very happy with the entire experience. Karen is very professional and organized. My instructor was knowledgeable, patient, and always provided constructive and positive comments. I am new to the sport, over 50 (just!), a long time windsurfer (still enjoy!) but getting a bit lonely at the windsurf sites as my friends have mostly switched or are in the process of taking up the kite. I was motivated to learn a new skill and stay safe. My instructor instilled a healthy degree of respect for the sport and the possibility for problems. I was never in a situation where I felt I was in over my head during my lessons. The lessons progressed at a pace that was in keeping with my ability, yet I definitely improved with each session.

You have enough decisions to make in your life. If you are interested in the sport, or want to take your existing skills to the next level, do not hesitate to give Aqua Sports Maui a try.

Disclaimer - I have no relationship with this company.
I will be back in November with more Aqua Sports Maui lessons planned.
BC, Canada