“Hana Tour”
Review of Mahalo Tours

Mahalo Tours
Ranked #9 of 34 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: Break away from the crowds and experience the famous road to Hana, a gorgeous, winding coastal road with breathtaking valleys, lush rain forests and spectacular waterfalls aboard our luxurious Mercedes Benz buses, which features a small group, with a maximum of eight lucky participants. You will enjoy an unhurried Hawaiian adventure guided by an authentic Hawaiian host, who is also an entertainer, and who can't wait to show you the beauty and warmth of the Hawaiian hospitality and give you some laughs while at it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I took the Mahalo Tours to Hana, it was the most amazing tour I've ever taken. Lopaka(our guide) gave us a wonderful history of Maui. The places we visited were beautiful. We were able to get out of the bus at numerous locations, which other weren't. We were given enough time to take lots of pictures. The ride on the van was very comfortable, lots of leg room. I would recommend this tour to everyone who visits Maui. The next time I'm here, I will definitely book this tour again!!! Thank you Mahalo Tour's for a wonderful day.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the only worry-free way to really enjoy the Road to Hana. The Mercedez van was very spacious and comfortable with only 8 people in the group. The tour was about 12 hours. We experienced breath taking landscapes and even had time to go for a swim at the black beach and fresh water cave. The fresh fruits and snacks are all locally made and very yummy. Our driver Nathan was informative and had a good sense of humor. He made the tour extra fun! He offered to take pictures and made sure we were all safe and having the time of our lives. I was a little skeptical about eating from a food truck but don't be, the food was very very good. Try the pork ribs, it was delish! This is the safest, fastest and most comfortable way to see all the beautiful spots in the Road to Hana. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We debated whether to make the 1/2 drive or full drive on our own, but were so glad we went with Mahalo Tours. I can't imagine a better way to "Survive the Hana Highway" in style. Our guide, Lopaka is a native who grew up on Maui and whose family had a summer home on the highway. He gave us his unique local insight! There was plenty of food and drinks of all kinds (all from Maui) provided throughout the day. And the lunch was great! The van was extremely comfortable and our guide was an excellent driver on the narrow and often bumpy road. The day prior to our trip we ran into a couple who did the drive alone. In addition to almost running out of gas, they missed many of the major sights even though their trip took much longer than ours. I felt bad they drove right by so many great experiences, and I was certainly glad we picked this tour. Also, seeing the much larger buses packed with tourists on the swerving narrow and bumpy road made me wonder if I would have enjoyed sharing my tour with 80 people instead of just 8! This was definitely one of most memorable highlights of our Maui trip! We also really appreciated the special gift presented to us from our guide and his family at the end. I highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank Phil D
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Well the tour picked us up from our hotel on time and our driver, Don, was an intelligent, warm and funny guy! A font of information and he ensured that everything ran from clockwork. Not only that, he is a regular Dr Doolittle - he conjured up a group of friendly chickens to visit us by the roadside, even was able to coax the moongoose's (or is the plural mongi...)out of the rainforest for us as well. Amazing scenery, breathtaking views and such a contrast as you drive around the island. Mind you there are many times that you know the road is very tight - but Don's a pro at the wheel! The winery was not for me though - coming from Adelaide where we have three major world class wine regions all within a hours drive from home, well, the wines just didn't cut it for me. Not to my taste! Its an all day tour and it travels at the pace you want - and if you get Don, you'll have a great time!

1  Thank Clive S
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our first tour during our trip to Maui. Our tour guide JP set the bar for tour guides so high that it made our other tours seem to have something lacking. He was just wonderful and very helpful and informative. Full of information about the culture, plants and the Hana area. The food was better than we expected for a road trip. We made stops along the way at waterfalls and pools where the younger ones on our tour enjoyed a swim. Very scenic, we have tons of great pictures taken along the way. JP always offered to take our pictures with the beautiful mountains, ocean and waterfalls as backdrops. He could do this because there were only eight people in the van, not 20 plus as we had on bus tours. The Mercedes van was so much more comfortable than any bus we were on. If you are taking a tour in Maui, you need to check out Mahalo tours. I have to say malaho to Mahalo Tours for a wonderful time on our 50th. anniversary.