“Road to Hana -ask for Kaleo”
Review of Mahalo Tours

Mahalo Tours
Ranked #9 of 31 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: Break away from the crowds and experience the famous road to Hana, a gorgeous, winding coastal road with breathtaking valleys, lush rain forests and spectacular waterfalls aboard our luxurious Mercedes Benz buses, which features a small group, with a maximum of eight lucky participants. You will enjoy an unhurried Hawaiian adventure guided by an authentic Hawaiian host, who is also an entertainer, and who can't wait to show you the beauty and warmth of the Hawaiian hospitality and give you some laughs while at it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Road to Hana -ask for Kaleo”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Incredible! We had such an awesome tour guide named Kaleo at Mahalo tours. He was a wealth of knowledged and showed us some really cool places through out the day and had a great BBQ lunch from the locals near the beach. We all ordered ribs and he bought our whole group a plate of BBQ chicken and wow all i gotta say we should have gotten the chicken. Lol. Overall, Kaleo made it a very rememberable fun day!!

1 Thank Lovetotravrelcouple

53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Best tour of the road to Hana”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Best way to take the complete road to Hana on Maui. Only 8 passengers to a bus. Our guide was named JP and is a native and probably knows as much about Maui as anyone. JP taught us a lot about Maui and picked fruits and flowers and told us all about each item. Bus was comfortable and made many stops .. Every time we stopped we were supplied with something to eat and drink. Great lunch at a road side stand. A MUST when on Maui. .. DO NOT DRIVE ... Take Mahalo Tours and leave the driving to them. Most breathtaking scenery and floral beauty in the world!!!

Visited April 2013
Roselle, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Road to Hana with Codee and Kaleo”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The road to Hana is a wonderful all day adventure. We booked this tour my daughter and myself with Mahalo Tours. Codee and Kaleo were our guides.These young men were a wealth of information. The Mercedes van we rode in was very comfortable. These young men told us about the safety features their company does for this van and we were impressed. The snacks at every stop and the lunch were delicious . We learned a lot of history about this island of Maui . I would recommend this trip to everyone. If you come to Maui the road to Hana is a must. You only need to do this once as it is an all day excursion . Mahalo, Lynnae and Mandy

2 Thank Lynnae20
Monroe, Louisiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Road to Hana With Don Calleon”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife, our Son, Daughter, and their spouses, were treated to a very special tour with Don as our guide. I had purchased the extra seats so we had this as a privte tour. Our guide, Don , is a native and was very informative. He was very responsive to our group and was flexible in adjusting to our interests. He was always an attentive and courteous guide. The food and refreshments on the tour were excellent and plentiful. The fresh fruit was outstanding. All of the waterfals, pools and beaches were breadthtaking and we stopped for many "Kodak Moments."While it was a pretty cool time of year we did get the opportunity to get in the water, but toe touches was about as close as anyone got to swimming. I had driven the Road to Hana before all the ay down and back. This tour was exceptional in that it went beyond Hana and completed the circle totally around Haleakala. I would never again do the Road to Hana drive. If you really want to enjoy the tour, and unterstand all you are seeing. I would completely reccommend you contact Mahalo Tours and Transportation. Ask for Don, wear your swimsuit, bring your camera, and have a great time. This is a full day but a great day

1 Thank N G B
Hogsmeade
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Road to Hana with Don”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We got up super early for this one. Thankfully, I had Starbucks and a ton of excitement to see the sights but straight off the bat Don was super sweet and welcoming! If you go with them, definitely ask for Don as he is a native but also is a lot of fun and a real gentleman as well (holding doors open, asking if anyone needs any refreshments/restroom stops/etc.) and he has a true concern for making sure no bit of history is left out. The other tour guides seemed nice (you pass a few and they interact through out the day) but I would say he's probably the guy you want.

As for the tour itself, the Road to Hana is the highlight of my trip to Maui so far. It was INCREDIBLE!!! I'm 21 so I was the youngest in the van. It was mostly retirees, but seriously, this is not a tour for just those guys - it's a LOT of fun and you can even cliff dive if you want to! I didn't, but I did go into the ocean at one of the many beaches and my favorite things were the black sand beach and the swing at the small water spot on a private secluded area only a true native could know. It's a fantastic view. There's also sooo many fruits and snacks during the trip! I was sooo pleased and it was so worth it. If you go to Maui, DO THIS!

Bring cash (many stops for jewelry, jams, rare foods and then a wine tasting at the end), wear your swimsuit under your clothes or a cover up and come prepared with a high SPF sunscreen and camera. Enjoy!

4 Thank Caprimermaid