“Relax and take the tour with Mana!”
Review of Mahalo Tours

Mahalo Tours
Ranked #9 of 31 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: Break away from the crowds and experience the famous road to Hana, a gorgeous, winding coastal road with breathtaking valleys, lush rain forests and spectacular waterfalls aboard our luxurious Mercedes Benz buses, which features a small group, with a maximum of eight lucky participants. You will enjoy an unhurried Hawaiian adventure guided by an authentic Hawaiian host, who is also an entertainer, and who can't wait to show you the beauty and warmth of the Hawaiian hospitality and give you some laughs while at it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Calgary, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Relax and take the tour with Mana!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Thank you so much to Mana for our excellent tour! The drive was everything we thought it would be and then some! It was nice to be able to ride in the air conditioned van and not have to worry about navigating the road, turns or on coming traffic. My husband actually got to look around and not have to worry about watching the road! The best part though was having Mana there to tell us about what we were seeing, the villages, plants, waterfalls, you name it. He is also very entertaining and kept us smiling all day. Lunch was absolutely delicious and our kids (ages 5 and 7) had fun playing in the waves at the beach we stopped at. I was worried it would be a long day for them but the loved it and my 7 year old said "I would do it again tomorrow!". If you are considering at all doing the road to Hana I would highly recommend Mana and Mahalo Tours! Thank you again for a wonderful experience. PS: The pork ribs at lunch were delicious!

Visited January 2013

San Antonio
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Take the tour and do not drive the road to Hana!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am so glad that I decided to hire Mahalo Tours to take us to Hana after speaking to others who drove the road. The van was a very comfortable Mercedes Benz vehicle. It was a lot more enjoyable since I did not have to navigate the narrow road and could enjoy the scenery and take photographs. We went Christmas Eve and J.P. was awesome. He provided snacks and drinks all day long and we had a great lunch at a lunch truck east of Hana. J.P. was very knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. The views were spectacular and we never felt rushed. He made numerous stops and explained the vegetation. We even got to sample some of the road side fruit. The only disappointment was that the winery on the tour closed early for Christmas Eve but we went there on another day.

Menlo Park, California
“Best Trip Ever!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I wish they had another star I could give this company. My folks and my sister live on the island part time and we came to join them for Christmas. My mom treated us to this trip to Hana.

Our host, guide and driver was Mana. I can't tell you how much he contributed to the enjoyment of our trip. I have to admit I was a little nervous about the drive because while I am sort of adventurous, I don't like windy roads with cliffs. Mana was a skillful and careful driver. He didn't take chances and didn't try to rush us.

Mana is native Hawaiian with an enormous amount of knowledge and experience. He will take you where you want to go, but if you listen carefully to his ever so gentle suggestions, you will get to the good places, hear the real stories, learn about the native flora and fauna (ask him to tell you about this fruit from a tree that his grandmother made him take a teaspoonful of the juice!).

Oh, he also brought us tasty treats! The little cakes were homemade, the fruit was sweet and delicious and cold. (We saw some other tours that had cakes from Costco).

We shared fun jokes with Mana, heard wonderful stories and also shared some of our favorite foods and ways of cooking.

Mahalo Tours provided us with a clean, well maintained vehicle but, most importantly, the best guide ever. Mana is kind, smart, funny and generous. This was the trip of a lifetime.

Aloha and Mahalo, Mana!

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to see Hana”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This I believe is the only way to see te road to Hana. My wife and i had a super time. This is a very good way to get around in an intimate fashion. Service and knowledge is exceptional from the moment you get picked up the morning to the time you dropped of it an awesome time. We had Charlie pick us up and our tour guide Khala made our day. thank you.

Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“Amazing day, Highly recommended !!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our drivers were Nate and Charlie, both were very good guys and went out of their way to ensure we had an amazing full day worth of sight seeing Hawaiian style. These guys are the only tour by actual local Hawaiian people so they know all the best stops, best places to see and take pictures and were full of other informative knowledge about Maui also including the cane fields, great places to eat, shows to see and that are not worth seeing right down to how life has changed for the locals, info about their new power stations and more. High level of luxery touring in the Mercedes all day with aircon and Nate fed us snacks, nice lunch and more during the trip. To top it off we accidently left our bag with our hotel and car keys under our seat and these guys even went out of their way to get dropped off to us the same evening and would not even accept a tip for this extra help at 7pm. How can you ask for more? They really looked after us like we had been a local rather than a tourist. Thanks a million guys can't recommend your tour and service enough :) Thanks Jane and Steve.