“Best Trip Ever!”
Review of Mahalo Tours

Mahalo Tours
Ranked #8 of 32 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: Break away from the crowds and experience the famous road to Hana, a gorgeous, winding coastal road with breathtaking valleys, lush rain forests and spectacular waterfalls aboard our luxurious Mercedes Benz buses, which features a small group, with a maximum of eight lucky participants. You will enjoy an unhurried Hawaiian adventure guided by an authentic Hawaiian host, who is also an entertainer, and who can't wait to show you the beauty and warmth of the Hawaiian hospitality and give you some laughs while at it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I wish they had another star I could give this company. My folks and my sister live on the island part time and we came to join them for Christmas. My mom treated us to this trip to Hana.

Our host, guide and driver was Mana. I can't tell you how much he contributed to the enjoyment of our trip. I have to admit I was a little nervous about the drive because while I am sort of adventurous, I don't like windy roads with cliffs. Mana was a skillful and careful driver. He didn't take chances and didn't try to rush us.

Mana is native Hawaiian with an enormous amount of knowledge and experience. He will take you where you want to go, but if you listen carefully to his ever so gentle suggestions, you will get to the good places, hear the real stories, learn about the native flora and fauna (ask him to tell you about this fruit from a tree that his grandmother made him take a teaspoonful of the juice!).

Oh, he also brought us tasty treats! The little cakes were homemade, the fruit was sweet and delicious and cold. (We saw some other tours that had cakes from Costco).

We shared fun jokes with Mana, heard wonderful stories and also shared some of our favorite foods and ways of cooking.

Mahalo Tours provided us with a clean, well maintained vehicle but, most importantly, the best guide ever. Mana is kind, smart, funny and generous. This was the trip of a lifetime.

Aloha and Mahalo, Mana!

There are newer reviews for Mahalo Tours

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This I believe is the only way to see te road to Hana. My wife and i had a super time. This is a very good way to get around in an intimate fashion. Service and knowledge is exceptional from the moment you get picked up the morning to the time you dropped of it an awesome time. We had Charlie pick us up and our tour guide Khala made our day. thank you.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our drivers were Nate and Charlie, both were very good guys and went out of their way to ensure we had an amazing full day worth of sight seeing Hawaiian style. These guys are the only tour by actual local Hawaiian people so they know all the best stops, best places to see and take pictures and were full of other informative knowledge about Maui also including the cane fields, great places to eat, shows to see and that are not worth seeing right down to how life has changed for the locals, info about their new power stations and more. High level of luxery touring in the Mercedes all day with aircon and Nate fed us snacks, nice lunch and more during the trip. To top it off we accidently left our bag with our hotel and car keys under our seat and these guys even went out of their way to get dropped off to us the same evening and would not even accept a tip for this extra help at 7pm. How can you ask for more? They really looked after us like we had been a local rather than a tourist. Thanks a million guys can't recommend your tour and service enough :) Thanks Jane and Steve.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was looking forward to this trip way before we got on the plane! Our hotel concierge recommended this company, and she was right on the money. The Mercedes bus was brand new. The drivers Nate and Mano weren't just our guides, they were really looking out for us all day long. They gave us snacks, made sure we got the pictures we wanted, took pictures of us, gave us information all day long, answered all of my dumb questions, laughed at my jokes, and really made sure that everyone on the bus had a great time. The bus held about 12 people, but they only allow 8 passengers. That made it really comfortable and relaxed. I highly recommend this company, and if you are lucky enough to have Nate and Mano, I promise you will love it. One more note - we were picked up at our hotel and driven to meet the bus by a guy named Charlie, he was so funny and sooo nice. The three of them Nate, Mano and Charlie are true gentlemen and I was honored to be treated so well.

2  Thank Chris N
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family took the Road to Hana tour. Our driver was Kahala and I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed the tour and Kahala. He was a great source of information on Hawaii and a wonderful host for the day. We all felt like he was truly part of our "ohana"! We were given several treats throughout the trip and he was always there with water, paper towels, sanitizer, whatever we needed. I highly recommend this company.