“Trip of a Lifetime!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Awapuhi Adventures

Awapuhi Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide customized private tours on Maui for the individual, couple, family and friends. We accommodate all levels of fitness and experience from non-swimmers to triathletes. There is something for everyone on Maui and we make it a priority to make sure you experience everything you want. We know you have several choices when it comes to planning activities on Maui. BOOK WITH US TODAY and get away from the crowds, go at your pace, connect with your friends and family while exploring Maui from mauka (mountains) to makai (ocean), learning about Hawaiian and natural history, and most importantly, having a lot of fun!
St. Louis, MO
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Trip of a Lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We took a cruise to Hawaii and were fortunate enough to spend a glorious day in Maui. Based on the raving reviews, we booked a private Road to Hana tour with Awapuhi Adventures ... and are sooooo glad we did! Florian was a treasure trove of knowledge and introduced us to the hidden gems of Maui we would never have otherwise found on our own. In fact, upon our return, we compared notes with another family who took the Road to Hana tour with another company. Talk about night & day differences!! They said they were bored out of their minds while we couldn't stop talking about all the amazing experiences we had. From sampling freshly baked (HOT) banana bread to jumping into a waterfall (personal bucket list), we did it all! To top things off, we had a picnic right by the ocean with waves crashing onto the black volcanic rocks and beach. Yes, it was definitely a trip of a lifetime!! So, if you're heading to Maui and are looking for a first-rate private tour, you better book it with Awapuhi quickly before someone else does!

MauiMargo, Owner at Awapuhi Adventures, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Aloha Annabel! Mahalo nui loa for your wonderfully informative and glowing review! Both Florian and I thank you for choosing Awapuhi Adventures! I am so glad I was able to meet you on your tour with Florian and encourage you to jump in! Deb will send photos to me via email and I can forward them!

Calgary, Canada
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We scheduled the Road to Hana private tour with Florian because we were not overly familiar with the island of Maui! Wow were we blown away! Florian made for an unforgettable experience. We stopped at huge waterfalls, amazing towns, roadside lava tube and hiked through a beautiful bamboo forest. He was so knowledgeable of the island and knew of all the places to stop! He even made us the most amazing lunch! We were spoiled! I wouldn't have done the Road to Hana any other way. We were able to sit back and relax and not worry about the drive at all and instead take in all the amazing scenery. If you are planning on doing the Road to Hana, I would definitely recommend booking it with Awapuhi Adventures.

MauiMargo, Owner at Awapuhi Adventures, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Erika, Mahalo nui loa for your generous review! I am so glad you had thoroughly enjoyed your day with Florian, despite the rain. Lava tubes are sometimes the best place to be in situations like that. :) It is a testament to the fact that rain or shine we can make Hana an extraordinary experience. Florian kept saying the next day that he wished he could take you out again in the clearer weather. Look us up next time you visit Maui!
Moruya, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“An Amazing Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

What an amazing day we had with Florian. Our 10 hour trip was filled with stunning scenery, walks to waterfalls through bamboo forests, red and black sand beaches and Florian's wonderful commentary along the way. We thought lunch would be a bread roll and some sort of filling, imagine our surprise when Florian produced a table cloth, plates, cutlery and a tasty chicken salad!!
Don't think of driving this road yourself, sit back and enjoy the scenery and let Florian do all the driving, you wont regret it.

Melbourne, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Like touring Maui with a Great Friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Alicia's Road to Hana Tour was the perfect addition to our Maui holiday. I looked for a private guide using Tripadvisor and came across Awapuhi Adventures which immediately struck me as the type of tour for us. Well, indeed it was. Alicia planned a wonderful full days trip for us including hidden waterfalls, swimming in private diving pools, walks through lava tubes and along aqueducts as well as a hike through a bamboo forest. The picnic lunch was fresh and light. Alicia's knowledge of the endemic flora and fauna is impressive and was truly engaging. We would definitely book again with Awapuhi Adventures.

Visited April 2014
MauiMargo, Owner at Awapuhi Adventures, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Aloha Jenna and Jeremy! Thank you so much for your review. I am especially grateful that I accomplished my mission statement and that you felt like you were with a great friend! You were!! :) I felt the same way and that is why I love my job. I get the chance to meet wonderful people from all over the world. I hope you return to Maui someday and I will show you more of the island. Alicia
Calgary, Canada
“Florian's Road to Hana was Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I booked the Road to Hana tour with Awapuhi Adventures and we had a fantastic day. Florian was our guide and I cannot imagine a better person with whom to experience Hana. All of the other great reviews are accurate in their depiction of the actual tour stops and the scenery but the real value lies in the service provided by Florian. He made us feel comfortable immediately and we were never nervous with his driving on the narrow and winding Hana highway. Florian is part adventurer, historian, botanist, etc... and he provided the context to the amazing visual display that you get when you tour Maui. The next time we're in Maui (soon, I hope) we'll be calling Florian and Awapuhi for another tour.

Visited April 2014
MauiMargo, Owner at Awapuhi Adventures, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Aloha Sebastian! Mahalo nui loa for the wonderful review of Florian and Awapuhi Adventure! I am so thrilled you enjoyed touring with him and experienced the qualities that I get to enjoy every day. He puts 150% into every tour so that you have the Maui experience of a lifetime. Please do look us up again when you return to Maui. Alicia