“go for it !”
Review of Awapuhi Adventures

Awapuhi Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide customized private tours on Maui to Hana and other parts of the island for the individual, couple, family and friends. We accommodate all levels of fitness and experience from non-swimmers to triathletes. There is something for everyone on Maui and we make it a priority to make sure you experience everything you want. We know you have several choices when it comes to planning activities on Maui. BOOK WITH US TODAY and get away from the crowds, go at your pace, connect with your friends and family while exploring Maui from mauka (mountains) to makai (ocean), learning about Hawaiian and natural history, and most importantly, having a lot of fun!
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had a FUN and informative day of adventure on West Maui with Alicia, Feb. 2014. My fiance' and I loved all of it. It was the perfect mix of activities for us. Alicia knows so much about the flora, fauna, culture and history. We did some hiking off the beaten path, river swimming, and ended the day snorkeling. She has a very unique location with great views of the ocean for a tasty lunch we thoroughly enjoyed. you can't go wrong with Alicia. I was really lucky to get a spot on her schedule on short notice.

MauiMargo, Owner at Awapuhi Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Aloha Joe! Mahalo nui loa for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure showing you both West Maui! Perhaps in the future you will return with little ones and we can get them into the same pools you both enjoyed~

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We selected Awapuhi Adventures for our Road to Hana tour after reading the amazing reviews on tripadvisor. With high expectations, my husband and I and our four kids, ages 2, 9, 11, and 13, met Alicia last week and went on the adventure of a lifetime. Our very high expectations were met and were exceeded! Alicia personalized our tour and accommodated our requests. We experienced the bamboo forest, black sand beach, red sand beach and delicious food and fruit along the way, among many other things. Our children all said that the favorite part of their Maui vacation was the Road to Hana tour with Alicia. Our kids (except the 2 year old) jumped in cave waters near the black sand beach, leaped off a cliff into a beautiful pool of water in Hana, and swam near a waterfall. They had a fantastic time! All the while, we learned about Maui and Hawaii, including history and many interesting facts. We had an absolutely delicious and healthy lunch, along with yummy coconut candy and apple bananas along the way. Alicia was very kind to my 2 year old and made sure that our kids were safe and happy along the way. She also took some of the best photos of them jumping in the water! Alicia, I cannot thank you enough for making our trip so memorable, educational, and unforgettable. I wish you all the best.

Aloha Manisha and family!!

Mahalo nui loa for the generous 5 star review. Your family was so well behaved and I was amazed at how you all were able to enjoy every seat in the SUV. Tamarin left behind a little blue toy and I keep it in my car to remember you all. :)

I hope some day you all return to Maui for another adventure.

Have a wonderful spring!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

There is no better way to experience the Road to Hana than with Alicia. She customizes the trip to fit your interests and is full of options. Extremely accomodating, super interesting and fabulously fun.

1  Thank TBalliet
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have been on multiple tours of the Hana Highway, both self guided and with local tour companies. This was the first time my husband and both (adult) sons were going to be on Maui at the same time so we decided to do something a little different. I liked the idea of a private tour, but was somewhat skeptical about how 'custom' this would be. Wow was I surprised! Florian's knowledge of the history, and local flora and fauna was incredible. The information and details he had,made even places I'd been to before seem new again.

We went on an amazing trek through a bamboo forest and swam in isolated beaches with red sand, black sand and even one with green flecks in the sand. When my husband & I were worn out, Florian took 'the boys' to climb a cliff and jump 30+ feet into a pristine pool. He did a great job of customizing this 12-hour adventure so that each of us was impressed, educated (and exhausted!) by the end of the day.

We had such a good time that my husband & oldest son scheduled a second adventure with Florian before we parted that night - a 1/2 day of SUP and snorkeling! They had another fantastic experience and left with more wonderful memories.

We will definitely call Awapuhi Adventures & Florian next time we are in Maui!

1  Thank CarMik20
Reviewed January 16, 2014

It is a long trip to Maui from anywhere in the US mainland (or from almost anywhere for that matter). You have spent a lot of time and money on the trip just to get there and sleep and eat there. Now you want to have a great time, maybe even an experience of a lifetime. You can save a few pennies and try and figure out all the nooks and crannies on the island yourself or you can spend a few more very well spent dollars and if you take a tour with Alicia you can have one of those lifetime experiences. We started out the day planning for a only half-Hana tour but within an hour, we realized this was going to be an outstanding experience so we asked Alicia if we could convert to the full Hana tour and she was more than willing to accommodate this last minute request-and we were really glad we did, as the last half of the trip included some off-the-beaten path travel along roads that most rental car companies will forbid you to travel on.

On almost every hike that we did with Alicia that day, we saw tourists with their little guide books in hand trying to figure out where the sites, waterfalls, etc were-they spent all that money to get to Maui and struggled to find or couldn’t find some of these hidden gems-Alicia knows where they are-oh and she was incredibly gracious when we encountered these folks along the way, more than happy to try and point them in the right direction-someone questioned her advice on one hike when she tried to point them in the proper direction, saying to Alicia “that’s is not what my guidebook said” Alicia quite rightfully told this person that “I am the guidebook” and she was right!!! Bottom line- I can’t imagine why anyone would spend all of the time and effort and money to get to Maui and not have Alicia or her colleague, Florian show you the Island that way it should be done. Alicia is encyclopedic in her knowledge of the island-part historian, part botanist, and part geologist. We enjoyed every minute of the 12 hour trip and when we go back next time, we will absolutely schedule another outing to parts of the island that we didn’t get to.