“Best food in the Airport”

Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #68 of 150 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We ate here while waiting for our outbound flight and was not disappointed.
I had the chicken fingers and my wife a hamburger. Although mine was from the 'starters' section of the menu it WAS a meal in itself...I'm glad I didn't order anything else. My wife was quite satisfied with her burger, which is saying a lot.
Yes, the prices are high...but what restaurants on the islands DON'T have high prices? And in an airport, yet?!? Don't know what the other issues were, but we found a seat quickly...were waited on efficiently, and ate our fill! No problems here.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Paid an extra 6.50 for lobster on the nachos, found rwoo chewy pieces. Nachos were microwaved and stale.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I absolutely enjoyed my late dinner here! Ordered the Alii Steak! Cooked medium well and wait time was less than 10 minutes! Salad was delicious. Dressing was lime-flavored and combined my steak in the salad and dipped in the lime sauce. Oh my gosh, freakin' outrageous! Server was Harry. What a great worker! Thank you! The other workers were nice, too.I like the surfboard table and the merchandise, too! Cost a pretty penny but so worth it! Yep, I still think it is the best restaurant in Kahului' s airport!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have eaten and drank here several time while waiting for flights at OGG. The best feature is the panoramic views looking past the runway towards Haleakala. Service is poor to average and the food is average as well.

It is expensive, as are many airport restaurants with a captive audience and little competition, and this compounded by the routinely higher prices found in HI. My 20 oz beer was $8.00 and our ice teas were $3.79. We go because it's a nice place to "rent" a quiet table while waiting in the airport. Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you have to eat at the airport at least the burgers and fries were very good and portions a decent size. Prices are of the "captive audience" variety. $17 for the burgers with fries. $6.75 for a corona.