“good burgers; outrageous prices”

Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #89 of 150 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you have to eat at the airport at least the burgers and fries were very good and portions a decent size. Prices are of the "captive audience" variety. $17 for the burgers with fries. $6.75 for a corona.

There are newer reviews for Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had a couple of hours in the Kahului Maui airport in the evening and my wife and I were looking for a decent meal-the Burger King next door isn't our style. In hindsight, it would have rated much higher. Sat down and at least got the waitress's attention in just a couple of minutes. She took our drink orders-but didn't seem to know the slightest information about wines. So we had a glass of the available red and a Kona beer. No prices on the menu for the alcohol? We found out why when the bill came! $12.00 for a 6 ounce glass of basic red? My wife ordered the tuna burger, big disappointment considering we just spent two weeks in the islands eating all the fresh fish, and tuna, we could get our hands on. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich just to experience a little variety from the previous fish diet. My wife's meal came, I said don't wait for mine, yours might get cold. Well, she basically finished her meal as when the waitress came to clear up and asked how everything was, I said hard to tell, never got anything. THEY DID NOT GET MY DINNER TO ME! I'm in my mid fifties, and this was the first time in my life that a dinner just plain was not served to me in a restaurant. In a little while, I did get my sandwich. There was almost enough pork on there to make a golf ball sized lump. It was okay, but overpriced as everything seems to be. And the worst? No effort to correct their error. Yes, the waitress apologized but so what. Once again for emphasis-no effort to correct their error or compensate me in any way for what I consider to be a very large mistake. Will never return under any circumstances.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

$22 for Nachos? $17 for a cheeseburger? $10 for a Grilled cheese sandwich? Cramped, noisy atmosphere and slow on the refills. It is by far the worst value on Maui possibly anywhere we've traveled. Stay away, don't bother and save your money for the vending machine.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I had an hour to kill before catching our flight and stopped by Sammy's for a quick beer and a snack. The beer was cold, the chips were stale and the guacamole was horrible. When we mentioned it to our server, she mentioned that some people don't like the honey they include in their guacamole recipe. Really? Honey in guacamole? No refund was offered and we didn't have time to pursue it. Next time we'll pick up a mini pizza at California Pizza Kitchen. They looked much better.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I have been to Maui twice in the past 4 years. Both times we went to Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill in the Kahului Airport for some drinks before departing. The fact that they don't put drink prices on their menu is ridiculous. They have prices for food, but not drinks because "the prices change too often," as we were told by our server. They have a pretty good deal when you buy a pint of beer you get a shot for an extra $1. But, they will only serve 3 drinks between 2 people at one time. The beer and the shot are each considered 2 drinks.........Go figure. Terrible business model.