“Other reviewers are morons”

Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #73 of 150 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is the best food we ate on all of Maui!! The pollo bicadillo was phenomenal. The martinis and bloody Mary were stupendous!

The service was great!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This airport lacks a decent amount of eateries and in my opinion this establishment is the best one here. I have tried all of the ones here including the old restaurant they knocked down to make way for "Tropical Landing" and believe me they should have kept it the way it was! Anyways, the service at Sammy' s is better than the other restaurant by gate 23. The breakfast platter is good. I think they have applewood bacon? Something like that. The waitress said a tip was not necessary. First time a server told me that! Tipped her anyways. Sure wish I remembered her name? The chicken wings are good and come with different sauces. Nice decor but still seems dark even with all that lighting! Bigscreen TVs and Van Halen merchandise( when he was in the band) they sell tees and caps. Cool bamboo planter. The rest of the design is tropical modern, I guess you can call it that. Nice bar. Good selection. Great views of the runway from here!

1  Thank intheraw
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Ok, you're saying airport food is the things of nightmares - and at many airports you're right. In the Kahului Airport, there are few choices, but Sammy's actually has good food. My wife and I have stopped here several times on our departures and will continue to make Sammy's our last stop before leaving Maui.

The service has always been good and the atmosphere is not bad, given the location. The food is a step above most airport restaurants and chain establishments. I recommend their salad with a chimichurri dressing on it. I believe it also has chicken on top. The dressing is one of the best I've had. Sorry I can't remember what it's called, but it is really good. Just ask for the salad with chimichurri dressing (it's a little spicy, so stay away from it if you don't like spicy food).

Are the prices high? Of course, you're in Hawaii! Every price is high! But the prices are no different from a decent restaurant anywhere on the mainland.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

When recently flying out of Maui, we chose to eat a meal in the airport. Sammy's was the only sit-down restaurant in the airport in the mail section.

The service was pleasant, but the food was only mediocre and was expensive for what you got. As well, it seems to be a limited menu.

We would not patronize this establishment again.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Given this is an airport restuarant the prices are going to be high but these prices are way too high. I ordered a cheeseburger. It came with a coating of grease on top of the bun. I had to send it back. The fries were cold. We visit Maui a few times a year and this is the second bad experience at this place. I will not waste my money again!