“Same waiter and waitress working there, must be doing something right”
Review of Zippy's

Zippy's
Ranked #24 of 155 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: American, Asian, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed February 18, 2014

They have a variety of good food, fresh and tasty. I like the Chili with rice. Fried chicken looked great. If I lived here I'd come more often to try other things. Not a bad price. Very popular with the locals.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My mom lived in Hawaii for 13 years and when I told her I was going for a vacation she insisted that I eat at Zippy's as she remembered it as being so good. And I can relate to what she must have thought was delicious food when she was 20 and needed a cheap meal. My boyfriend and I ate here and where not all that impressed. the restaurant was clean and the service was fine. You order and then wait for your number to be called, take your food and seat yourself. But the food is not impressive. All in all it is what I expected it would be and I know it is a favorite of the locals.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We really liked this clean efficient diner. My first Spam in 50 years. Nothing. Like this in the area. Friendly help and the bakery looked tasty. On the road from OGG to Kihei. We would like to try the salads next time.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We tried Zippy's since it is a Hawaiian original. While the restaurant and staff were nice the food seemed a tad odd to us. It may be that we were not in Hawaii long enough to appreciate the uniqueness of the local fast service restaurant. We found every other dining venue in Hawaii though to be superior.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went here for breakfast - zippy's omelet was okay - nothing great and not terrible. Husband got the Zippy's omelet with chili and was happier. Noticed most of the locals were having some sort of soup for breakfast - I think we should have tried something out of our comfort zone and would have been happier. That being said, the place was pleasant enough, our server was good and our food came quick enough.