“Excellent local Foods”

Cuisines: American, Asian, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I love the Teriyaki Beef its so good,not salty or too sweet.It is served with vegetables & rtce.Zippy's is always my first choice!!

There are newer reviews for Zippy's

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We felt like fish out of water since we were the only "white" folks there. It is definitely a local place. It has a large menu but the food was like Denny's. glad we went but wont go back.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I have driven by Zippy's a number of times during our most recent 3 week stay on Maui. It looks like an upscale Denny's-type eatery. But the thing that compelled us to stop in today (after a day trip to Oahu) when driving from the airport is what we have been seeing EVERY time we have driven by---a full, full parking lot. Any time of day and night. A FULL parking lot. Good sign, methinks. Well, we were not disappointed. The extensive and not-run-of-the-mill menu made it hard to choose from: Pork with Eggplant? Asian noodle? Man, great menu. The food was great---I had a simple Egg and Bacon sandwich. My wife had the spaghetti. Total tab? $17.41! Almost unheard of in the islands.
Very impressive. And their on-sight bakery has tons of amazing pastries, cakes and pies. Zippy's is really popular in Oahu where there are 15 or 20 on that island. This is the only one outside of Oahu. Save major bucks and eat well, too. Hey, I like Ruth's Chris as much as anyone. But for great home-cooked, great priced meals you can't beat Zippy's anywhere on Maui.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hawaiian fast food - that is to say, nto entirely fast, but big portions and tasty. The food has an Asian feel, but decidedly Hawaiian. No frills, just good food.

Recommend the korean chicken, or any of the combo boxes.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

nothing too fancy here but if you want a good breakfast where the locals go drop by here the prices are great the food is great and the service great as well.