Review of Action Sports Maui

and up
Beginner Surf Lessons on Maui South Shore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Action Sports Maui is a full service kite, surf, windsurf and SUP lesson, rental and retail center. We have beach side rental locations on the North and South Shore of Maui. Please visit our friendly staff for assistance with lessons of any level as well as rental and retail equipment!
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We visited Maui 2 weeks ago. We took kiteboarding and surfing lessons with Action Sports Maui. They run a top notch set-up. My son and I took kiteboarding lessons and had a blast! We only took a 1 day course due to all our other activites planned but we wished we had time for more lessons. We also took a family surf lesson which was fun. (Much easier than kiteboarding). Small nice surf for the family, best time to surf is early but we had a great time. Once again, I would recommend this company, they are safe and fun. We hope to come back to Maui again next year and will definetly call Action Sports Maui for our next trip.

2  Thank Ted G
in 7 reviews
in 11 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Great 3 day lesson with Rick. He was very thorough in his teaching and had me up and riding by the end of the third lesson. I've got loads of previous water experience so I was quick to learn. Highly recommend these guys over the rest after seeing the other "guys" teaching at the same beach. If you really want to learn sign up for 3 day lesson minimum and plan on more lessons after that. I'm hooked.

4  Thank Fred D
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I have nothing but good things to say about Action Sports Maui. The instructors are very friendly and professional. They are focused on getting the student up and riding in a safe and pleasant atmosphere. Our experience on Maui was fantastic. The owners of Action Sports Maui are very experienced and from what I understand have been doing instruction for a long time and it shows. Their new Kite Club is a great place to visit afterwards with a big screen tv showing kiteboard videos and kick-back with a place to shower on the premise. A first class experience all the way around. Don't get me wrong learning to kite takes focus and energy but before long you'll be smiling from ear to ear. This is the best sports activity I've ever become involved with and ASM is a great venue for learning.
Tom - Hood River Oregon

4  Thank TommyKilowatt
Reviewed November 14, 2009

We originally purchased a 3 day windsurfing lesson package for the two of us, but ended up canceling the third day - it was much harder than either of us (both relatively athletic, strong, coordinated people) had anticipated, and our instructor was sort of a dud. Nice, but not that into it... for $600, I want an instructor in the water with me, and I want him engaged.

I wrote a full review here: http://bit.ly/4FAVpv

See more reviews
Reviewed September 8, 2008

I have had 2 great weeks in Maui, Dave and Suzie kept me up to the minute for wind conditions, so I could plan my family time while on the island. Great selection of gear to adjust to the wind conditions, and to accomadate for my large size. They were great not to commit for the day and time of my lessons, until they knew the conditions would be good. A person has to be flexible on the day and time of lessons to get the best conditions, otherwise you may book for a calm day that its better for snorkling.

2  Thank Surfnut007