“Best waterfall hike ever!”
Review of Hike Maui

Explore Maui: Hana Highway Drive and Waterfalls Hike
$186.46*
Haleakala Crater Hike
More attraction details
Owner description: Swim beneath waterfalls, hike through rain forests & Haleakala Crater with a renowned naturalist. Kayak and snorkel on colorful reefs attended by Maui's most knowledgeable and personable guides. Awarded Hawaii EcoTourism Assoc. 2010 Operator of the Year, Hike Maui has received countless raves for guided hiking tours on the island of Maui since 1983. Hike with guides recognized for their knowledge of Hawaii's natural environment and culture, and who lead with aloha and safety consciousness. They'll immerse you in the beauty of nature, engage you throughout the tour and inspire you to expand your boundaries of fun. Hike Maui is the oldest hiking tour company on the island, and the only one with permits to conduct tours in the national park and on all state hiking trails as well as some private trails. Ask about hotel pickup; book online and save 10%.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Duluth, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best waterfall hike ever!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We did a half day waterfall walk on Maui- AWESOME. THIS ISLAND IS SO GORGEOUS! Some of the guys climbed the waterfalls. Note- bring water shoes if you want to do this or you will end up with cuts on your feet. Either way, have a closed toe sport sandal or tennis shoe on. Our guide, Jake, was THE BEST! Information he shared was super interesting and did not drone on not too the point of being like a history class lol. If you can walk your block at home, you can do this hike. I was not brave enough to rock climb which was what I was looking forward to, but still had a tremendous day! Do this tour! I wish we had done the all day hike because it was over too soon. Thanks Jake!!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kris S

Alexandria, Louisiana
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best excursion I took on my 13 day trip!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The Rainforest and Waterfalls excursion was my most favorite excursion out of all that I took during a 13 day trip to the islands. Dawn was our guide and she showed us so many things about the rainforest that we never knew. She stopped and showed us types of plants that could be eaten and she gave us samples to taste. She took us through the rainforest to several waterfalls where my two sons and I jumped off of cliffs into bluish/green pools of water. She made sure that we were safe the entire time. The lunch that was provided was delicious. I would definitely recommend this tour to everyone - it is a "must-do" while in Maui and ask for "Dawn". (This is a very interactive trip so I woud not recommend it to people who have trouble walking up and down hills). Also, where watershoes because your feet may get muddy. Excellent adventure that we will never forget!

1 Thank ilovevacations00
Louisville, Kentucky
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was visiting in May 2014 and had just a few days to spend on Maui. I didn't get to do all the things I wanted to do during my short 4 day visit, but am SO GLAD I signed up for a hike/tour with Hike Maui. The Waterfalls hike was moderate, with just enough challenge to make it interesting. Our guide, Pascal, was super-knowledgeable, providing tidbits of information about Hawaiian Island history, botany, and geography, not to mention packing out our lunch and extra bottles of water for everyone. He even harvested a few fresh tropical fruits for us during our journey...delicious! I would recommend this hike to all of my friends who enjoy a good outing with a small group and an informed and personable guide.

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“History, Hiking, and Waterfalls, Oh My!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I had an amazing time on a hike with Ride Maui. My tour guide was Nick, and he took us all over the island, and along the way gave us tons of historical information. When I typically go travelling, I usually just walk around and find my own way - but after this experience I'm totally going to get more guided tours! There are so many little interesting tibits of the island that I would have completely missed had I rented a car and driven around the island myself.

The hike was awesome - just the right amount of walking, amazing views, awesome waterfalls. Then at the end you get to go jump THROUGH a waterfall, which was super cool.

I've been recommending the experiences to friends and family - if you happen to be in Maui, definitely checkout Hike Maui!

Visited April 2014
Kingsville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hike Maui”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Earlier this month I went on a Hike Maui tour with Jake. I will tell you it was the best experience of any activity I have ever done in my multiple trips to Maui. The knowledge about the history of the island and being a native, sharing the many stories of his family and childhood growing up in Hawaii, was an escape from the hectic life we live back on the mainland US. I had no idea until Jake was pulling it out of the ground all of the plants that turned into products made by Paul Mitchell and others. He even made us feel better about being wet and muddy, telling us how many calories we were burning and how much food we could eat when we got back to the hotel. The trip was fantastic and just the right mix of adventure, education, and fun. And this is my first even comment on Trip Advisor but I felt a need to share my amazing experience.