“A Perfect Day on Maui”

More Info
and up
East Maui Waterfalls and Rainforest Hike
More attraction details
Owner description: Swim beneath waterfalls, hike through rain forests & Haleakala Crater with a renowned naturalist. Kayak and snorkel on colorful reefs attended by Maui's most knowledgeable and personable guides. Awarded Hawaii EcoTourism Assoc. 2010 Operator of the Year, Hike Maui has received countless raves for guided hiking tours on the island of Maui since 1983. Hike with guides recognized for their knowledge of Hawaii's natural environment and culture, and who lead with aloha and safety consciousness. They'll immerse you in the beauty of nature, engage you throughout the tour and inspire you to expand your boundaries of fun. Hike Maui is the oldest hiking tour company on the island, and the only one with permits to conduct tours in the national park and on all state hiking trails as well as some private trails. Ask about hotel pickup; book online and save 10%.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We're part time Maui residents and received two gift certificates of the East Maui Waterfalls and Rainforest hike from our employer. We probably never would have gone on this adventure had we not had the gift certificates, and what a loss that would have been. The experience was great from start to finish. Aaron was our guide and he was awesome. We learned more about Hawaiian culture and nature in a few hours than we'd learned in years. My kids forgot towels and water shoes - no worries for Aaron - he stopped at the Hike Maui office on the way and had the kids fitted with shoes and towels in no time. It really helped them enjoy the experience. (Note - remember to bring towels, hat and water shoes, with maybe a dry pair for hiking). Aaron shared passion fruits, avocado and bananas right from the trees, along with stories, history and legends of the islands. Our group of 12 included Japanese, Canadians, New Yorkers, Russians and Israelis. What a varied bunch, but by the end of the day, we were all friends and Aaron had plenty of hugs to go around. Some might find the rates a bit on the high side, but even if it wouldn't have been a gift, I felt that I would have gotten my money's worth from the day and now I'm anxious to try the Crater hike. Mahalo Aaron! Good luck to you.

4  Thank LegacyPlanner
Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)
All reviews
in 40 reviews
"bamboo forest"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a pretty and short walk - probably about 15 minutes each way - to the waterfall. Easy walk - we did it with our two small boys. In one spot, you have to walk along a narrow ledge so you couldn't take a wheel chair or stroller all the way to the end, you would just come up short. We were there when there had been a lot of rain, so you also had to walk through water to get closer to the waterfall, which my husband did while I stayed with the boys. At the parking lot, there is a little truck selling delicious smoothies and other treats - highly recommend the banana pineapple smoothie!

1  Thank Cangirl_10
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Awesome trip with Jeremy! We did the short hike had a great time. Jeremy was great/patient especially with 7kids under 14. It was a fun informative excursion. I would recommend these guys to anyone who wants to go off the beaten path and see other parts of Maui.

1  Thank PeteBrim
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I recently went to Maui with my family and we had an amazing experience with hike maui and Kate our tour guide was the BEST! They clearly hire people who care and love their job! Although it is a very long day if you decide to do the all day tour but SOOO worth it! I would really recommend hiking Hana with Hike Maui. Kate constantly educated us on every leg of the tour and made sure we were all safe and comfortable. The food they have for breakfast and lunch was really good too and we got to try some fruit right off the trail! Thank you Hike Maui and Kate for such an awesome experience!

1  Thank Nicole A
See more reviews
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Last week my friend and I did a hike at Twin Falls with Hike Maui's guide Erik. It was amazing. Our guide, Erik was totally FABULOUS! He was very knowledgeable about plants, trees, ecosystem, weather, etc. It was like hanging out with a boy scout all day and we learned so much it was terrible when the hike ended!

The waterfalls were amazing, we went to three. The hike thru the jungle and forest was spectacular. Be ready to hike, its not a leisure walk, and be in some type of shape. Take deet/bug spray - got bit by hungry mosquitos at the falls.

Overall this was the best excursion I ever done in Maui. When I go back I'm doing this hike again - yes with Erik!

Thanks Hike Maui and Erik! You guys are amazing!

Maria G., San Francisco, CA